Saturday, September 3, 2016

Un Uisce Day #1

     Wednesday was the day that I had to get up at 5:50 AM. I got up at 5:50 AM because I had to make sure that I had everything ready and packed. I had packed everything mostly Tuesday Night, so I was mostly ready. I just had to pack a towel, and my toothbrush and toothpaste after I brushed my Teeth Wednesday morning. When my mom got up at 6:30 AM, I said goodbye to her and Oma, because I had to be at St. Andrews before 7:45 AM. The Buses were suppose to leave at 7:45 AM. I took the bus to St. Andrews and got there around 7:15 AM. There were not a lot of people there. I went to House Area 1 and waited. There were some other people there. We all walked down to the parking lot where the Buses were when it was 7:45 and we signed in and got on our correct Bus. I put my duffel bag below the Bus and then got on the bus. It was going to be about a 5 hour trip.

Kind of what our bus looked like

     We stopped at a shopping place where there was a lot of different stores and stuff. A lot of people went to McDonald's. The line was too long when I got there so I went to the EuroStore. Its like a Dollar Store but in Ireland. I got some Gum. Then we continued to Un Uisce. That means Water in Irish. When we finally got there, it was about 1 PM. It was a little school that was on the water, and it had a good cafeteria and rooms. We had Lunch, we had sandwiches and soup. It was good food. Then, we took all of our bags and we each placed ourselves in a room. I was in room 5 with Alec, and Stephen. After lunch, my group did things on land first like team building things. We had to fit our whole team through a spider web and after one hole was used it couldnt be used again. We also had to get from one platform to another platform with using 2 planks, our weight, and nobody could touch the ground.

     Next, we all changed into our wetsuits because we were going to be going swimming and it is very cold. After we had on our wetsuits and lifejackets we did some warmups. We all grabbed onto eachothers back to form a snake and the front of the line would try to chase the back of the line and it was to get us warmed up so we could go swimming. We went in the water and did some relay races and things in the water. At dinner, we had rice, and an almost Indian dish with vegetables and Chicken. We had break after dinner where we could do whatever.

     After dinner, we were assigned into smaller groups, where we had to use 2 balloons, an egg, and a tennis ball and put them all together and drop our creation from the top of a set of stairs and have the whole thing fall without the egg breaking. Our team did not break our egg so that was good. We had a snack before we went to bed. It was banana bread and tea. Then they came to collect all of our phones in a box until tomorrow morning.


     -8/31/2016





       

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty cool! Did you like your roommates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an egg drop in physics class. It had to be in a shoebox that was launched from the football stadium bleachers into the parking lot. The students that packed their eggs in popcorn were the most successful...🐣🐣🐣

    ReplyDelete