Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tuesday, New Class, Career tests!

       Today was Tuesday. I had Moday off of school. I got up and put on my fancy clothes. It was wierd because I havent had to wear them in 4 days. I walked straight to the Bus. I played Pokemon Go on the way to school. Once I got to school, I got some Chocolate Covered Rasins from the vending machine because I had no food this morning.

          I went to registration first, and we were changing classes today. We have 8 rotations in a year. The first rotation was from beginning of school to September 26, which every Tuesday, I had biology. Now, I have a new subject every Tuesday for 2 periods. This new subject is "Cosmology" which is the study of the origin, evolution and the eventual fate of the universe. Its a pretty awesome topic. We talked about how small we really are compared to everything else and how small an atom is. We talked about how light can travel around the earth 4 times in 1 second but still takes 8.5 minutes to get from the Sun to here. We also learned our nearest star other than the Sun is 4.5 Light years away (distance in which it takes light to travel) And there are 500,000,000,000 Stars in our Galaxy. Then we learned how there are 500,000,000,000 Galaxys and its crazy.


      History, I suggested that we watch a John Oliver video about the Scandals with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and it was really funny. If you dont know who John Oliver is you should look him up. From after our break at 11:30, we had tests. We first had a 200 question test about what we like to do so they can put together what job would be best for us. They asked things like if we liked working outdoors or physically or if we likes beeing in an office all day. Then we had a series of timed tests that asked us questions that we would see on an IQ test. Find the next shape or object according to the past 3 objects things like that. We got to leave school early, but I stayed after for Model United Nations.

      Since I was knew I just watched. Basically someone reads our paper we have on what issue we discuss and if we are for or against it we raise our name of what country we are representing, then ask  a question to challenge the guy speaking for it or against it. It was confusing but I will get it soon.

      9/27/2016
     

No comments:

Post a Comment