Saturday, September 3, 2016

Un Uisce Day #2 (Thursday)

     Today, I woke up in room 5. Someone was going through the rooms knocking on everybody's door telling us to wake up and to get ready for breakfast. I brushed my teeth and then we all ate breakfast. After breakfast, I was in the group that was going to be body boarding. Its like surfing except the board is thicker and shorter. To catch the wave we have to swim in the same direction the wave was traveling right before it came down and hit the side of the water so right when its about to come down. I got some really nice waves. It was really cold out. After that I could not feel my Feet and my hands were hard to use for a while. Then we took the van back to Un Uisce.

      We got back, and we took showers in the changing rooms. We took showers in our swimsuits for literally about a half an hour before someone told us we had to come out because it was Lunch time and everyone else was ready to eat. We had Lazana for Lunch, then we went to see a guy who was a professional juggler, and he did other things that were circus related. He was really cool. He had the Diablos also. It is a Plastic thing and you use a string to throw it up and do tricks with it.
 
     He showed us some of his tricks with juggling and other things. We got to try things like balancing feathers and using the Diablos and juggling and the plastic plates with the stick. That is really hard.

     I tried juggling, and at first he said to try it with 2 balls. To throw them up the same height, and catch them in the opposite hands. He said the trick is to throw all of the 3 balls the same height and that Juggling is all about perfect throws. Its tricky because if you are right handed, its hard throwing 2 balls up with both hands when you use your right hand to write, eat, etc. I tried 3 balls, and I was better than I thought that I was. I could juggle 3 balls about 10 throws each hand. I was pretty good and he was impressed. 

       Then, My group went rockclimbing. We played a game where they played music and when it stopped we had to get on the wall and there would be rules each time like only use one arm and one leg and if we fell off and the shark (broom) got us we were out. I won that one. The last one the rule was head lowest to the floor. There was a rule that was no grips so we could not use any of the rocks we had to like hold on to the wall that was hard. 

      Dinner, we had Fried Chicken and French Fries (chips aparently) but I dont like calling them Chips because they are French Fries. After Dinner we had the Ceili which is an Irish Dance. We had practiced Irish dancing yesterday, and today we did them all. It had Irish music and we had to get in groups of 4 and do different moves like spinning and stuff. It was fun. After that they just turned on regular pop music and a Disco ball and we just danced to that for a while. After all of that was done it was really late. We had another snack before we went to bed which was coco pebbles. Then we went to bed. They took our phones away again. 

              -9/1/2016

     
   

1 comment: