Wednesday, March 1, 2017

IBM Day #2

     Today (Tuesday), I woke up at 6:30 AM again, and got my lunch packed. This time I had bought a Cajun Chicken Wrap from Tesco to take for lunch. I packed my lunch, and I had my backpack packed already last night with my laptop, passport, and my new pass that I can use for doors and things. I went out and walked to the Shelbourne to wait for Clea. We started walking down to the Spire to get the bus when it started to sprinkle a little bit. Then it started raining more and it was raining the whole time we were walking down. I did not have a coat, just my school uniform, so when the bus came at 7:45 AM, I was very wet, and my hair was soaking.

        We got to IBM and went inside and I was very cold. During the day today, Clea talked to me about Datacenters, and how they communicate to each other and make copies of things in case one of them gets deleted. I also learned how when you search things, some of it is already cached on your device, so it helps to get a faster result. I also got to talk with Tom who explained what Market Based Pricing was. It is basically trying to estimate what something will cost based on other things in the economy. It was very interesting and I enjoyed the conversation.


     After the conversation with Tom, I had my Cajun Chicken Wrap from Tesco for lunch, with my apple slices and water. It was very delicious. After I finished eating, at 1 PM, I had a conversation with Maeve about what happens when they get a deal and how they go about filling out each deal to each customer. It was very interesting and I learned how much research you need to do to make sure you know exactly what the company or person wants in the deal.

Here is a picture of me sitting at my area at Cleas desk. 



         At 3 PM, I took the private bus to the City Centre, then I walked home. Once I got home, I practiced piano, and then worked more online on my Economics class. We had Tacos for dinner Tuesday night.

             -Febuary 28, 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment