Tuesday, February 28, 2017

IBM Day #1 (Starting Economics Online)

       Monday was the first day that I went to IBM with Clea for my week of Work Experience. I woke up at 6:30 AM, and I got my lunch ready that I had bought Sunday. I had bought a sandwich, some apple slices, and a bottle of water from Tesco for 3:50 Euros which is their lunch deal. I got my lunch ready, packed my laptop in my backpack along with my mouse and passport for identification, then walked out the door. I had on my school uniform. I met Clea next to the Shelbourne hotel by St. Stevens Green. We walked down to the Spire by the Liffey, and took the private bus to IBM.

       At IBM, I talked to a German man named Nikola. He was very smart, and we talked about things like Artificial Intelligence, and global population problems and other things like that. I also spent time with Maeve who showed me a software that uses nodes and I made an american flag on raspberry pi, which is what this thing is.




       For lunch I had my ham and cheese sandwich that I got from Tesco, along with my apples and kitcat. At 3 PM, I got all of my things in my backpack and packed up my Alienware laptop so I could catch the 3:05 PM bus that went back to the city centre so I could walk home. 

         Monday night I worked on MVS which is Michigan Virtual School and it is what I am using to take Economics currently. I just started it and I am currently working through chapter 1. I got past lessons 1.1 and 1.2 and I am currently on 1.3. I went to bed early so that I could get enough sleep to go to IBM tomorrow. I went to sleep at around 9:30 PM.  

           -Febuary 27, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment