Friday, March 17, 2017

The Illusionists, Piano Exams!!

     Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had school. Tuesday, we went to a Hockey game for the second half of the day and our school won. It was not that interesting to watch but it was ok. I asked if I could take the bus home straight from the field we were at and they said I had to go back to St. Andrews then go home, so I ended up getting home later than usual. Wednesday I had my piano lesson at 1:50 PM, and then after that I went home. 

       Wednesday night we were going to go out to eat then go to the Bord Gais Theater to see "The Illusionists". We went out to eat at a place called Herb Street with my Moms friend Heidi and her husband. Herb Street had really good food, I got a strip-loin steak and a side of Garlic Bread. The Garlic Bread was really good, and I got Cranberry Juice also.
 

After we had dinner at Herb Street, we walked over to the Bord Gais theater, which was very close to Herb Street so we didn't have to walk that far. We went inside and found our seats. The show we were seeing was called "The Illusionists". There were like 6 people, and they each had different titles like 'The Weapons Master' or 'The Deciever'. This is what the stage looked like when we were all getting seated.

Us in the Bord Gais theater. 

The show was really cool. They had a guy from America in "The Illusionists" who got locked in a water tank upsidown with handcuffs on and he had to escape it with a paper clip. That was really cool, and also there was a Korean guy who was really good with card tricks and making cards appear out of thin air. The show was really good and at the Intermission we went to get popcorn and skittles. After the show we went home. Thursday I had my piano Exams at the Royal Irish Academy of Music by Pierce Street.


Thursday I woke up and had some yogurt for breakfast. At around 10:15 AM, me and my Mom walked down to the Royal Irish Academy of Music for my Piano Exams. My Exams were at 10:47 AM.

We sat in room 36 to wait for my time to go in and play my pieces and do my other things for the Exam. I played my 3 pieces first. I played my Bach piece first, then the Sonata in C Minor second movement by Beethoven second, then Golliwogs Cakewalk by Debussy last. I think I did pretty well, and I made few mistakes when I was performing my pieces. I also had to do ear tests and scales, but I was mostly focused on performing my songs well. After I was finished with my Piano Exams, I went to Subway and My Mom went home because she had to get on a phone call. I hung out at the house until 1:30 PM. At that time my Mom and I had to walk down to this one place by the Liffey so that I could get my GNIB card which I need to get in and out of Ireland when I turn 16, which I just did turn 16. I am going to London Monday and Tuesday so I will need it to get back into Ireland. 

We walked down to the place, and we had to wait about 3 Hours before we were called up to a station. Then they told us that we need a letter from my school if I want my GNIB card, and we did not know that we needed a letter, so luckily the guy called his manager or something over and we showed her an Email and got it all sorted out. After that it was about 4:30 PM, and keep in mind we got there at 2:00 PM. My Mom left to go to a meeting that she had to be at, and I waited to finish the process.

They called me in about 3 minutes later to get my finger prints scanned which was pretty fast and easy. Then I had to wait about 30 Minutes before I actually got my Passport back with my GNIB card, and then I was finally able to leave and take the bus home. I just hung out the rest of the night and played a new game I got for my computer after we had Chili for dinner. It was tasty. Friday was St. Patricks day so we had to get up and go to the parade!!!

-March 16, 2017 

1 comment: