Friday, March 3, 2017

IBM Day #3 / MY BIRTHDAY!!!

       Today was the 3rd day that I went to IBM for work experience. It is also my birthday today! I got a lot of happy birthdays from my Mom, Oma and Levi and also from other people on Facebook which was nice. I got up, and got my backpack, and today we took the public bus to IBM not the private one. That meant that I got to get up at 7:10 AM instead of 6:30 AM which was nice. I met Clea across the street from my house and we took the 38D to IBM.

      Today was a fun day. I met with Tomasz, and I learned a lot about IBM Design Thinking, which involves a loop of Observing, Reflecting and Making, and each time making it better. It focuses a lot on what the User thinks of the product or service, and putting yourself in the Users shoes. Design Thinking pushes groups to involve outside users of the product into the design of the product since they have experience in using it.

     Hills, represented by the Red Triangle, are statements that state what the product intends to do good for users of it. It is a statement that contains 3 key elements, which are a Who, a What, and a Wow. The Wow is the part of the statement that should make Users very intrigued to use the product.



          After that, I went to a patent meeting with Clea and the rest of her Patent team. I knew some of them previously before by talking to them. After the Patent meeting, we all had pizza that Clea had ordered from the place that makes food at IBM. It was really good, and they call it 'Patent Pizza'. It was fun! After that, at 1:30 PM, I had my next meeting with sean, and we talked about what IBM in Dublin does compared to all of the other IBMs in the world.


       At 2:00 PM, I walked over to the research department with Alice and she showed me around and explained what research did. She showed me one of the research papers that people do there. She said one research paper with about 3 people working on it would take 1-2 years to do. She said there is a lot of Math in research, and you need a PhD. It was very interesting to see how it worked in the research department. At 3 PM, I took the bus home. I got home, and hung out until 6 PM when we all went to the Indian Restaurant 'Sanai' right next to my house for dinner. I got a Chicken Tikka dish with a side order of Garlic Naan and Cheese Naan.



 It was very delicious, and after the Indian dinner we went over to Tesco to buy some ice cream for my birthday desert.

       Once we all got home, we all went downstairs, and we ate my 4 special cupcakes and the ice cream. We put 4 candles on each cupcake and then I blew out each candle one by one. 3 out of the 4 cupcakes were very good, and the ice cream was amazing.

These are my favorite type of ice-cream bars. 
These are my cupcakes. 

         After I ate all my Cupcakes and Icecream, I opened my presents. I got 2 tickets to see Ariana Grande at the 3 Arena in Dublin May 20th which was awesome. Grandma got me a pair of awesome Bluetooth headphones. They worked really well! I also got some headphones from Papa, which are the kind that I had before but they broke, so now I can stop using my brothers ones and use my own. They are very good headphones also! I got a MIDI Keyboard that I can plug into Ableton Live and use for that from Papa, which was awesome, and I also got 50 Euro from Scott, and 100 Euro from Oma which I am going to save for my trip to Anaheim California to see the Call of Duty World League games. Also, I just booked the flights for Me and Papa to go to Anaheim California in June from 15-19th.


It was a great birthday, and I got everything I wanted. I now have about 300 Dollars that I can use toward my trip in June with my Dad to Anaheim. I still need to get an Air BnB there and transport from LAX to our place that we are going to stay. 

-March 1st, 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment