Friday, March 31, 2017

Google and Facebook Tour!! (Past Week)

      The past week of March 27, I went to school Monday through Thursday. There was really nothing big going on that week, except that I had a math test Friday, which I ended up skipping to have a day of Work Experience. I studied the whole week for my Math test Friday, but now I will take it Monday April 3rd. I was hoping to get my 'Career in Detail' project back the past Tuesday, but I did not get it. Monday, I handed in my Spanish project that I did over the weekend. I did it in a scrapbook, kind of the same way I did my 'Career in Detail' project. This is the front page of my Spanish Project.


I had about 10 Pages in my Project. I missed Friday because my Mom reminded me that I was going to go see Google at 10:00 AM, and then go see Facebook at 2:00 PM. I was happy I was going to go see Google and Facebook, and also that I could take the Math test on Monday. After next week, I go back to Grand Rapids!!!!!

Wednesday I had my Piano lesson, and I have a Piano recital on April 3rd which is this Sunday. It is at 4:00 PM, and I am playing one of the songs that I played for my Exams at the Royal Irish Academy of Music, and one of them is a jazz piece I learned just for fun. Thursday, Me and Alec studied for the Math test we had on Friday. Thursday night, I went to bed at 11:30 PM, so that I could wake up at 8:30 AM to get dressed, and then walk down to my moms work so she could walk me over to Google at 10:00 AM.


I got up at 8:30 AM, and I got dressed in some nice blue pants, and my 'Peru' shirt that I got from Grandma Nancy. I also brought a sweatshirt. I knew I did not have to wear my Uniform because Google and Facebook are very casual. I walked over to my Moms work at about 9:15 AM so that I could get there at 9:30 AM. Once I got to my moms work, we headed over to Google to be there a little before 10:00 AM. I went in, and signed in. I met somebody who took me around Google. I dont know what I am allowed to share, but I did not really hear anything Confidential or anything. Basically, they have a really nice place to work, very casual, and my guide who was talking me around said that most people who work at Google dont spend more than 2 hours a day at their desk, which was awesome. They have so many places you can go to work, there are hang out areas most places, and the views from the building are amazing.

They have 3 main buildings that are connected by a Skybridge, which is basically a bridge above the ground that you can use to walk from one of the 3 buildings to another one. It is used so that you do not have to go out of the actual building on the ground floor, then go in the next one. That was really awesome to see. I went and signed the 'Google' sign that they had by the Skybridge.

Me in front of the Google sign!!
I had lunch at Google also which was very good. They have very good food at Google, a ton of variety. I would probably never get sick of eating there each day, they have so much to choose from! Here is what I got for lunch at Google.
Google was amazing to look around and see, and now I want to work there! It sounds really fun. I got to learn a lot about things I was interested in, a lot about how they sell adds and stuff. After I was done at Google, I walked back over to my Moms work, and I had about an hour before 2:00 PM when I was suppose to go to Facebook. We hung out for about an hour, then we walked over to Facebook. I got a tour of Facebook. They had a lot of cool screens that could show statistics of people who used Facebook all over the world.  They also had a cool Lego wall that people could build on. 

Facebooks Lego wall!
Facebooks offices were more industrial, but I really liked them. 


After seeing Google and Facebook, I walked back home, and did my Piano. My Mom was having a party with her friends from work. They all came over around 6:00 PM, and by then, I had my Piano done and also the Trash. I am still saving up for my trip to Anaheim, California. I have saved up about $ 475 so far. I just need a little bit more. At 6:00 PM the party started, and I tried to make some cool snacks with chocolate and puff pastry in the oven. It did not work out so well.


I basically just took the puff pastry and wrapped it around the chocolate, and then waited for them to cook. They tasted OK at the end, but not amazing. People brought good food to the party, including good meat, salami and other things also like bread, olives, and chocolate. I had a lot of good food, and I played H1Z1 with my friends online. That was really fun and I was lucky I got to use my Moms phone because our wifi was not working at the moment. 

Tomorrow, we are going to wake up at 7:30 AM, because we have another day trip, but this time it is to Glendalough, and Kilkenny. We will have more time to freely walk around on this trip. It is from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. It will be fun, plus the bus is Air Conditioned and it has Wi-Fi also, which is cool. That will be a fun trip, then I have a recital Sunday at 4:00 PM. Then my Math test on Monday, then after that week, I fly home to Grand Rapids on Saturday!!!! I am really excited to hang out with Papa and go to Taco Bell and eat Hot Cheetos.


-March 31, 2017

-Jackson Glasser



















No comments:

Post a Comment