Sunday, August 28, 2016

Grocery Shopping, School Tomorrow.

     Today, I got to sleep in until about 11 AM. I got up, and the house was silent. I wanted to eat, so I told Oma that I was going to go to get some Hot Chocolate at a Coffee place on our street. I went down to see if Coffee Angel was open, and It was closed. All of the other Coffee places that I walked by were closed also. Probably because it was Sunday. I walked down until I went into a Spar, and I bought a Blueberry Muffin and a slice of Banana Bread to go. I took it back to the house so that I could eat it in the kitchen. 


     Spar, and Tesco are basically Mini versions of Meijer, and they have fresh products, and grocery things also. They have different candy in Ireland also. Some of the familiar things I see here that I also saw in Grand Rapids were Doritos and Skittles. 

      I got back to my house, and I ate my Blueberry Muffin, and Banana bread, then I was hanging out in the house until we were all going to go to the St. Stevens Green Shopping Center. (Mall) It is basically a mall by our house by St. Stevens Green (the green park by our house). We all started walking there. We got to the Mall and we went up a floor and went to T.K. Max. Its like T.J. Max in Grand Rapids. We dont know why it is T.K. Max instead of T.J. Max. We got some more things for the house, and a backpack for me. 

     Next, we got a new alarm clock for me from Argos in the Mall. I had brought an Alarm Clock to Ireland, but when I plugged it into the wall in my room, it stopped working. I think the volt difference burnt my clock and it stopped working. We also went Grocery Shopping at Dunnes. We got a lot of food for the house. I wanted to get a 2 Liter water bottle because it was so big. We went out and started to walk home. On the way home, I realized that I had left my Credit Card in Dunnes, I had taken it out to see how much change I had to get a water bottle even though I couldn't get one. I had to run back to Dunnes by where the 2 Liter water bottles were and my Credit Card was still there thankfully. Then, I was able to buy my Water Bottle. 





    Thats how big the Water Bottle was. It was 2 Liters. I eventually got back to the house and we were having Indian food for Dinner. My Mom made it and it was really good.  After dinner, we played some card games like 7s and Crazy 8s. It was fun. We read some of Harry Potter, and My Mom gave Levi a Haircut.

    I tried weighing myself on the Scale in the bathroom, and I was about 50 KiloGrams, which I found out, is about 8 Stones. I have no idea what a Stone is worth but I think one Stone, is 6.3 KG. So about like 14 Pounds. I have a picture from the Losbter Festival Yesterday where Levi found a Wind guy.



     Tomorrow is my First real day of school. It starts at 8:50 but I am going to try to get there at about 8:20 so that I can figure out all the classes that I have for Monday and Tuesday, because on Wednesday through Friday, Im going on a trip!


             -8/28/2016

6 comments:

  1. Cool bottle! Do they have returnables or recycling in Ireland? Have fun on your first day of school!
    🗑🛢🗑🛢🗑

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, J! You'll do great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to a Spar in Zambia :)
    Happy first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good first day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are all set for school
    And you'll even get up on time.
    Have a great 1st day!

    ReplyDelete