Friday, February 17, 2017

Past Week, Going to Italy!! SKI TRIP

       Monday, I handed in my last thing that I had due before my trip to Italy, so I was very relieved. It was an English Book Report on the book Paper Towns by John Green. It turned out to be 8 pages long and I was very satisfied with it. I turned that in on Monday in my English Class. I was going to go to Badminton with Alec, but Alec said that it was canceled so I had to skip it. Tuesday, we watched 'Sleepless in Seattle' for the last 3 periods of school. It was a great movie, and we watched it instead of our Lectures we usually have on Tuesday. Ms. King talked to all of the Uganda people who applied and told us that we would be notified Friday at 4 PM who got into Uganda. It is 3:30 PM right now, but I will wait to post this until I know if I got in or not.


     I put 100 Euro in with my Uganda form. Everyone who wanted to go had to research some things about the school, and orphanage, and hospital that are involved in the Uganda trip. There are 50 people in all, more than half are girls, probably 2/3 of the 50 people are girls. Me and Chance both applied and we probably have maybe a 45% chance of getting in, pretty much 50 50.


     I have not gotten my 'Career in Detail' project back, hopefully I will get it back soon after I am back in school, which will not be for about another month from now. I have one week in Italy, I fly out tomorrow at 6:15 AM, so I have to get up at 3 AM. I will then have 2 weeks of work experience right after I get back from Italy. My first week is at IBM and my second week is at Gamestop. March 1 is my birthday and I will be in the middle of Work experience when I have my Birthday.

      Wednesday I had my Piano lesson after school. I packed throughout the week, and pretty much finished Thursday night after school. I packed my Moms Duke laptop, because I dont want to bring my Alienware to Italy. I also packed all my clothes, snow pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, and my coat. I also have some Ibuprofen just in case. I also have a huge adapter for American plugs because they are not the same in Italy.

     Friday, (Today) I got to wear what ever I wanted along with everyone else in the school, but we all had to bring in 2 Euros. It went to some charity. Friday was a half day, and I got out of school at 1:10 PM. Friday morning at 3:30 AM, my Mom, Oma and Levi left for Croatia, so I got up at 3:30 AM to say good bye to them. Then I went back to sleep. After school Friday, which is today, I went to Subway to get some lunch, which I did not have to pay for, because I had 1000 points on my Subcard which is enough for a free foot-long Sub. You gain points when you buy subway.  I got home at about 2:15 PM, and then I took out all of the trash, and cleaned all of the Bathrooms in the house. I bought a Bluetooth Speaker from Argos Wednesday after school for 30 Euro and Oma gave me money on Wednesday, so I will not get paid for the chores, which would have been 30 Euro because I used it to get the speaker. Here is what it looks like.

      I just got an E-Mail and I did not get into Uganda, but that's okay because I helped raise a ton of money for Uganda during the Winter Fair, the U-Live concert and the 100 Euros I put in with my application. Chance did not make it in either. Its good because some people probably wanted to go a lot more than I did. I am going to go over to Mily's house at about 6 PM. They will be able to take me to the airport Tomorrow morning since they will be on the same flight. They are the parents of levis friends. It is very nice of them! It is 3:45 PM right now so I am going to download some movies and music for the Plane trip tomorrow and the 2 hour bus ride from the Airport to Sestriere (The Ski Place in Italy)

                -Febuary 17, 2017 (FRIDAY)

1 comment:

  1. Have a blast in Italy! I would love to be there with you.

    ReplyDelete