Saturday, February 11, 2017

Working with Ableton Live! (SUBWAY VALENTINES DAY)

       For Christmas, I asked for Ableton Live 9 which is a Digital Audio Workstation software that you can use to create music. My Dad got it for me for Christmas, and I have been working with it lately, trying to create beats or little pieces of music. I have made 2 songs so far on Ableton. One is like a beat, and the other one actually has a melody.

      I created a Soundcloud where I can upload all of the music that I create. The first song I named "Marimba Song" because I started off with some chords from a Marimba that I just thought up. Here is the link to the song if you want to check it out.

https://soundcloud.com/user-501787484/marimba-song-jax

    So the first beat I made, I was using like bells, and space type sounds. The Marimba Songs I just used a bass line, Violin, Marimba, and some kicks and high hats and the melody. I made the Marimba Song last night and It took about 3 hours to make. It turned out pretty good but if it was a real song it would be too short because its only like 1 Minute and 40 Seconds.

     Friday at school, for outward bound, all of the Transition Year students were going to take a dart to Shanganagh Park which is all the way down the coast of Ireland. It is very far away from where I live. At 1:10 PM we all took the Dart to Shanganagh Park and then we ran around the park 5 time which was equivalent to about 4 km. I walked a lot of the time with Change but I finished in like 27 minutes. It was fun, and it was very cold, and my hands were freezing after that. I had no gloves, and after the run, Me and Chance walked straight to the Dart to take it home. We had about a 30 minute Dart ride because we were so far away from where we lived. Chance got off the Dart about 3 stops before I did to walk to my house. I walked to my house, and then did Piano. After that, at about 6:30 PM, I walked to Subway to get a sandwich.


       I walked home after I was finished eating, and then worked on the song I was talking about earlier the "Marimba Song". Once I finished it late in the night, I called my Dad to show him the song I had made. I emailed it to him and he said he was very impressed. I went to bed after that because It was late, and today is Saturday. Levis friends are coming over at 3 PM, so we get to get on Electronics early so I will probably end up making another song tonight. I am trying to get some free Dubstep packs for Ableton Live so I can make Dubstep sounds also.

           -January 11, 2017 (SATURDAY)


     Also, I heard that on Febuary 14, Valentines day, if you buy a bottle of water, you get a free 6-Inch Sub with it, so I might want to take that offer.

2 comments: