Thursday, February 9, 2017

U-LIVE CONCERT!!!

       Wednesday was the U-Live Concert. The U-Live Concert is a Concert that is put together by Transition Year students to raise money for Uganda. There were 3 committees that people could join to help put together the U-Live Concert. I was on the committee that figured out who all was going to perform on that night. Everybody from 1st year to 6th year was allowed to perform in the Concert. (6th Grade - 12th Grade)

      We put together about 30 acts that were going to be in the concert. The other 2 committees advertised the U-Live Concert, and did behind the stage things on the night of the Concert. There were posters that got put up for U-Live, and a ton of parents of Transition Year students came, including my Mom, Levi and Oma.



       Me, Levi, My Mom, and Oma all took the bus to my school after we ate dinner on Wednesday night. We got there at about 7:10 PM, and everybody was looking for me behind stage. Everybody was glad to see me because they said that I did not show up for my 'sound check'. I told everybody that I did not know I was suppose to be here for a sound check, and nobody told me. The concert started at 7:30 PM. I was act 12 out of 29 acts. I was able to practice my piece on a keyboard that was not plugged into the wall. I played my song out of memory. Levi, Oma and Mama were in the audience.

      Papa called me about 3 acts before I was suppose to go on and I said that I would call him later, because I had to go on soon. I told my Mom to record it so that my Dad could hear. I went out on the stage when it was my turn, and played my song. I messed up a lot but at the hard part I did not mess up so I guess it was ok. I thought it was really bad but everybody said good job. I probably noticed more of the mistakes since I studied and learned the music for a long time.

                There were a ton of people there at the concert.



                   Here are some other pictures my Mom got of me.


There was a cool backdrop that said U-Live when the bands were performing that you could see behind them. It had the flag on there also. My Mom bought a Lino Print that I had made in Visual Art class. A Lino is where you have a rectangle of rubber, and you carve into it to take away some of the rubber from the surface of the rectangle. Then, you take ink and a roller and roll ink on top of the rectangle, and everything that you did not cut out gets printed onto a piece of paper. It is like making an office stamp in the way that everything that is sticking up when you put the ink on it, gets stamped onto the paper. 


Here is a picture of my Lino print, printed in black in a frame for 5 Euro that we bought. 


The concert ended after 10 PM, so it was very late after it was done. Oma and Levi had left after my piece was over, because Levi had to get to bed. Me and Mama took the bus home after it was done. I got home, and I went to subway because I was hungry. 


After I had subway I went back home and went to bed.
-January 8, 2017 (WEDNESDAY)

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for performing, and for helping to select the performers.
    I love the pics of you in your fancy clothes!

    ReplyDelete