Sunday, December 4, 2016

IBM Work Experience!!

     Saturday, I woke up early since I had a meeting with someone from IBM at Coffee Angel at 10:30 AM. I was going to try to get some work experience. I got up at 8:30 AM, and I researched more about IBM and especially about Watson Health. Watson is a software made by IBM that can go through a TON of data in very little time, it can look at unstructured data, which is most data, and it can learn from how we talk, and it can act like a human. Basically like an upgraded version of siri, except it has pretty much the whole worlds data in its hands. IBM designed it to help people, experts, scientists and doctors be able to get data quicker, which could help get better diagnosis for patients, and other things like that.

     It was 10 AM, and I was finishing breakfast, and I walked over at about 10:20 AM to meet her there at Coffee Angel (which is right across from my house). We got some Coffee, and we talked about some stuff. She gave be a book of Beethoven music which was really nice of her! She told me about the different departments of IBM, and that maybe I could spend a day in each one. I told her I was interested in Watson. After we were done talking, she left and I went back home. I got a week with IBM!

     The rest of the weekend was just studying for Exams that I have Tuesday and Wednesday. Today (Sunday) Levi helped me study my Spanish words that I needed to know, which was helpful. Early today, I had a really bad headache, it is still here and doesn't hurt constantly, but it does when I run a lot or things like that. Tomorrow I have my Portfolio assessment with Ms. Taylor. I have a ton of stuff ready and It will be great, and I might get subway on the way home!!

          -December 4. 2016 (Sunday)

1 comment:

  1. Boy Jackson! Your new experiences keep coming! Good luck on your exams. Love, Gma G.

    ReplyDelete