Saturday, June 15, 2019

Beginning my Interrail Trip (Amsterdam)!

June 11:

Today I woke up around 1 PM. A couple hours later I decided to go into town. I went to Gino's to get ice cream first, then walked down Grafton street. I went to a pharmacy to get some last minute things I needed for my interrailing trip. I came back around 4:30 PM. 

Later that night, we had chicken and potatoes for dinner. We watched a Netflix special called 'Man on Fire' by a comedian called Chris D'Elia. I made rice with my meal and it was very good. Later that night around 1 or 2 AM I had my last thing of noodles I bought from the Korean store on Capel street. 

July 12:

I woke up the 12th around Noon because Dominik's parents were returning around 1 or 2 PM. They got back around 2:15 PM and around 4 PM I left to get a bus to Dun Laoghaire to meet up with Pierce and Rosie. I hadn't seen Rosie yet so it was nice to see them. We met at the Dart station and walked nearby to a Starbucks and got drinks. We talked for about an hour and then Pierce and I went to the cinema to see the new Godzilla movie. It was pretty good overall even though the plot was all over the place. After the movie Pierce and I went to get food. I got wings with fries. 



June 13:

In the morning, I woke up around 3:20 AM. Our taxi was coming at 3:45 so I quickly brushed my teeth and packed the rest of my things. The taxi arrived and Me, Dom, and Dom's dad got in the taxi to go to the airport. Dom's dad had a flight a bit before us so we would be at the airport earlier than we needed to. Once we got there, we met up with Carolina and Eoghan. We went to the starbucks and got some stuff. Liam and Pierce came along a bit later and we met Kim finally at our gate. We flew from Dublin to Amsterdam around 7:30 AM.

Once we got to Amsterdam we went to our hostels and dropped off our bags. We then walked into town. Eoghan and Carolina went to his hostel so he could drop off his bags. On the way into town we stopped at a place to eat and I got a Falafel, it was delicious.



 We walked around once we got into town and saw some cool buildings and streets and stuff. 



For dinner, we all went to Lidl (a grocery store) to get some food to eat. After we got stuff we all went to a nearby bench and sat down. I got this salad thing with some pastries and I ate some of Bikem's olives also.  

This is the Salad I had for dinner

June 14:

Friday we all woke up around 8-9 AM and I walked over to their hostel to meet with them and we ventured into the center of Amsterdam. We took the tram into the city this time instead of walking which was very nice.


Here is a picture of the park we were sitting in

 At the central train station we met two of Carolina's friends Wanegci and Siri. We walked around for a bit and we all met at a park early in the afternoon. We hung around the park and a bit later Carolina's brother Camilo came. We hung around in the park all afternoon and eventually migrated over to this triangle looking hill thing that was sticking out of the ground it was pretty wild:

Picture of the triangle hill sticking out from the ground (there is a supermarket underneath it)




Later at night we went into the city and went into different bars and stuff and walked around. 

Here is a picture of Eoghan and Liam staring at eachother

It was quite late so Carolina, Eoghan and I went back to the hostel to drop off Carolina. Then I went with Eoghan back to his hostel and then finally took the bus back to my hostel and got home around 4 AM. I then showered and went to sleep. 













2 comments: