Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Visited my School! (St. Andrews College) & GreyStone

          Today, I got up at 8 AM so that I could take a shower before I went to visit my school St. Andrews College. It is called a College for some reason. I took a shower and then we started to go to St. Andrews College. We walked out of our house, and started to walk to the Dart. The Dart stands for Dublin Area Rapid Transit. It is like a train that comes every 15 Minutes. We walked to the nearest station and then got on the Dart, and rode it to near the school. Here is a picture of the Dart.




       
Outside of the Dart
           
Inside of the Dart (it has wifi)

Above view of the Dart
          One thing cool about the Dart is that it has Wifi so I can text whenever I am riding it. We got off and started to walk to the school. On the way, there was a cute little shop called "Sweet" It had a lot of pastries inside of it. We stopped inside because it was cold.

"Sweet" shop!
          Inside, I got a hot chocolate with marshmallows. We  kept walking to St. Andrews College. We got there, and there was a lot of courts outside for tennis and other sports. The school was kind of large. We walked inside and met Mr. Herir. He was the IB Coordinator. He was also head of the Model United Nations trip. He gave us a tour of the school. We interrupted some classes and talked to some of the students about the school. I took some pictures of the school.
Courts on the outside of the school


Outside view of St. Andrews
Lunchroom

Outside area
Hallways 
Lockers
         Mr. Herir told us a lot about the subjects and what the IB part of this school will be like in 11th and 12th grade. 10th grade, is a Transition Year in the school St. Andrews. Transition Year is trying a lot of new things and finding out what you want to do in the future. It is based a lot on the students and there is a lot of trips that I can go on. There are 3 projects this year and it sounds really cool. Ms. King was the head of Transition Year, so she told us a lot about that. I get to choose a lot of my classes.
     
          After we visited St. Andrews College, we got back on the Dart, and went to Greystone. It is the last town on the dart which is right on the sea. It is the furthest south that you can travel on the dart. In Greystone, we went to a restaurant. It was called Theatre Lane. It was very good. After that, since Levi wasn't done eating yet, Oma and I walked around Greystone for a while. We found a cute shop called The Happy Pear. It had organic Fruits and Vegetables, and a lot of really healthy foods, nuts, seeds and other things like that.



Seems very happy!
Inside The Happy Pear!
          Me and Oma got 2 ripe, ready to eat Avocados, and a red pepper. Then we walked slowly back down to the Dart station. It started to rain very hard all of a sudden, so we went into the station for cover. Oma called Mama, and they were in a cafe, so we went to meet them. We went into the cafe. It was called Cafe Grey. It was a cute little cafe. I got a raspberry leaf tea. It was very tasty!



Levi, my Mom, and Oma at Cafe Grey
Very cute Cafe
            We walked back to the Dart station in Greystone, and we had to wait 11 minutes for our next Dart to come. We got on, heading back to our house. On the way, Mama and Oma wanted to stop at Dulkey to go to a bookstore that they knew of. We got off the Dart, and it started to rain very hard. We walked all the way to the bookstore in Dulkey, when we found out the bookstore was closed, and we realized that we should have just stayed on the Dart. We walked all the way back to the dart, and we waited for it to come again. We got on, and traveled back to our house. On the Dart, there is a very good view of the sea, and I got some really beautiful pictures!



Shoreline from the Dart

Beach with cool rocks!



            For dinner, Levi had fish sticks, and I had a chili soup. It was very good. We ate an Avocado that we got from The Happy Pear. They were perfect. Since my friends Ben, Caleb and Max are coming to Dublin with me in June, me and my mom wanted to go to the store to get some food ready for that week.


                                                             -4/6/2016












10 comments:

  1. Your new school is very impressive looking!

    I am so enjoying the pictures you are posting. I have always wanted to travel to Ireland. This inspires me even more!

    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its fun to take pictures everywhere i go and share them and its cool to know everyone likes my blog :) thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great day Jackson! I loved my second visit to your new school, I think you will love it there and I can't wait to see you wearing a tie every day! Transition year will be awesome for you. I say we take the bus and see if it is quicker than the DART, my bet is that it will be. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the pictures, Jackson. Next year should be a very interesting time at school.
    what kind of classes are you thinking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its transition year so im going to be doing 8 weeks of a lot of different classes. im going to do history and music for sure

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your blog, J! Love the pictures of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be the first kid in your class to go to College! St. Andrews looks and sounds very cool. Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete