Monday, April 4, 2016

Fitzwilliam Square Park!

          Today, was a fun day. In the morning, I tried to wake up earlier because I am still trying to adjust to the sleep schedule here in Ireland. After I had 2 bagels for breakfast, and some sausage, I had to go practice piano. Since our house does not have a playable piano, I have to walk to Waltons School of Music, and rent a room for one hour. My Oma, and my brother walked me over there today. I showed them how to get there. I rented room #2 and after I practiced for an hour, I walked home. (ill get a picture of the practice room) I know the area pretty well so I knew how to get home even though it was a 15 minute walk. On the way back to my house, I stopped at a Euro-store, (equivalent to a dollar store in Grand Rapids) and got an Emoji. Here is a picture.

Heart Emoji, but lifesize!

          It is a stuffed Emoji! I thought it was really cool, so I got it for 5 Euro. I also got some kinder eggs. I have seen Kinder eggs before in my travels, such as in China, and Israel and such, but they are not a thing in Grand Rapids. They are a chocolate egg, with a toy in the center of it. This is what they look like.

Kinder Egg
Inside the egg, is a yellow capsule with a toy inside!

























          After I returned home, I chilled for a while and made some Ramen (actually here it is called "Koka") Here is a picture of it. Its pretty much the same thing as Ramen noodles.

          In Fitzwilliam Square, there is a park that is really pretty, and only people who live in Fitzwilliam square are allowed to enter the park. Its called Fitzwilliam Square Park. Everyone in the square gets their own key. It is kind of like our own private park since nobody can go inside of it except our neighborhood. Its really pretty! There were a lot of flowers, and a lot of trees to climb! We took a LOT of pictures, but I will try to limit them.
About to enter the park!!


The park is beautiful
Chillin in the trees!

Im a monkey!
Monkey Twins!
         The park was fun! There was a lot of free space to run around in. After we were done climbing trees in the park, we went back to the house. At 6:30 PM, we were suppose to be at someones house to check out a piano to see if we wanted to buy it. My mom said that we were going to walk and that it was a 40 Minute walk, and Levi did not want to walk. We left at about 5:50 PM. It was about 2 miles, and we walked and it was a nice walk. We got to see a lot more of Dublin. There are a lot of buses. We got to the house, and we checked out her piano. The piano was nice, and old, and I played a song for everyone there. The piano was kind of out of tune, but I liked playing for the owner of the piano. She was very nice! We walked back to our house. About 30 minutes later, we got home. By that time it was the end of the day.

          Tomorrow, we have to get up at 7:30 AM, so that we can all go to visit Levis school that he is going to go to while he is living here. I go to see my school Wednesday morning.



                                     -4/4/2016







2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I think that kinder eggs are illegal in the USA because of the small parts being a choking hazard!?! Have you been to St. Andrews yet? 🏤🏤🏤

    ReplyDelete
  2. True on the kinder eggs Aunt Pen! Uncle Oli introduced him to them in Germany where they remain legal and profitable! St. A's is Wednesday morning. Great post J! It was a nice warm day with lots of walking, our new normal!

    ReplyDelete