Thursday, April 7, 2016

Visited the Dublin Castle, and St. Patricks Cathedral!

          Today, I got to sleep in until 11 AM. We were going to a place to sign something for Oma that had something to do with her traveling to Ireland. She needed to sign something by May 8. After we got that signed, My Mom and I went to Dublin Castle. We got 2 tickets for the tour at 12:30 PM. Until then, we had an hour, so we walked 10 minutes to Christ Church in Dublin. It was a huge and very pretty church. The windows were beautiful! There was an underground part in the church that had awesome artifacts in it! Here are some pics.



Cool statues
Christ Church of Dublin Ireland!
Cool Gold artifacts






          We were told some of the history of Dublin Castle. There was only one part of the Dublin Castle that was original that was still standing above the ground today. It is one of the 4 big cylinders.
Dublin Castle!
The only Original part of the Dublin Castle
Standing above ground today.
          We first learned about when and why the castle was built. We went underground to see where one of the big cylinders would have been, but it got dug up. It was a huge circle and it looked like a huge cylinder of the castle could have fit perfectly right into the dug out shape. After we saw part of the underground, we headed over to a chapel that was by the Dublin Castle. We walked into it, and it was very small. We learned how the structure was made out of wood, but it looked like marble and it was really well done architecturally. Here is a picture.


This structure is wood!
           After we saw the Dublin Castle, we went to this really cute place to eat called "Queen of Tarts" It was really cute!!! I got a sandwich with chicken and a special kind of bread. Me and my mom both got tea. I love tea now and it came in a tea-pot which was really cute. The food was delicious, and they had a lot of bakery items like cake and scones. I had to take pictures of it!




Queen of Tarts



Inside of Queen of Tarts
Inside again!


After we finished our delicious meals, we went to see St. Patrick's Cathedral. We walked over to it from the Dublin Castle, and we got there, and it was HUGE!!!! We went inside, and it was beautiful! The windows were spectacular!

       


Inside of St. Patrick's Cathedral.
AMAZING!!!!
Its very large!
          We walked home after St. Patrick`s cathedral. I practiced piano while my mom went to TK Max (TJ Max, but its differently spelled here) Then I walked home and I was done for the day!!!!!





                               -4/7/2016
         



































4 comments:

  1. And you are still walking to all these beautiful places, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You experienced some cool places today! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading your entire blog - awesome. I can't wait to come visit next year. I hope you will be just excited about all the places to visit then as you are now. Give everyone hugs from me! Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another incredible day of adventure! I am so happy for you to have this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete