Monday, September 11, 2017

5IB Carlingford Trip!!

Friday, I had no school because me along with the whole class of 5IB went on a trip to Carlingford. We went to Carlingford Adventure Centre for Friday and Saturday. Friday, we had to be at school just like any other day, and I had packed my backpack the day before with clothes, a swimsuit, a towel, and other things I needed.

Friday morning, I got to school at around 8:30 AM, and we left on the buses around 9:00 AM. The trip to Carlingford from Dublin was about 90 minutes. On the way to Carlingford, we stopped at a little mall, which had some places to eat, including Burger King. I got Dom and I 20 nuggets, with fries and a drink. They were very tasty, and I took the crown with me on the bus. 


We got to Carlingford around 11:00 AM I would say, and we walked to the Carlingford Adventure Centre where we would be staying. It had rooms for us to spend the night in, some common rooms with a pool table and pingpong tables, as well as a cafeteria where we would eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We put all of our bags in a bag room since our rooms were not ready yet, then had Lunch after we listened to the rules of the place. 

For lunch we had chicken tenders, and french fries. I got mayonnaise for my chicken and fries, because I love mayo. The lunch was very good, and after lunch, we got all the things that we would need to go do water activities. We walked down to the boathouse, and changed into our wetsuits. The first thing we did was pier jumping, which was pretty fun. I jumped 3 times in total, it was a pretty far drop, and it was FREEZING. The first time I jumped, I was very shocked in how cold the water was, but if you lay still in the water, you stay warm since the wetsuit makes all the water in it warm. 

After we were finished pier jumping, we went kayaking. It was 2 people to one kayak, and I was with Juho. We had a white kayak, and once we got into the water, they asked us to kayak to different areas, but they had us kayak on our knees, then standing up, then standing up but only on the edges of the kayak. I was almost certain that Juho and I would fall in, but we worked really well together, and could Kayak standing up perfectly fine. It was fun to watch other people fall in though. People were tipping each other which was also fun to watch. 

After kayaking, we changed back into our clothes and walked back to the Adventure Centre for Dinner. We had Rice and Curry with chicken in it. It was good, but it was not as good as real curry. 


After Dinner, we had one more activity, which was a walk in the dark but we were all blindfolded so we couldn't see. Each person in the line held on to the persons left shoulder in front of them. Each person was suppose to call out what they were encountering so that the person behind them knew what was coming up. It was very fun, and tested our communication.

We had free time from 9 PM to 11 PM, then we went to bed. In the morning, we had to pack all of our things and clean our rooms before we had breakfast. For breakfast there was some cereal, and toast. After breakfast, we went to do some activities in our groups.

We did an activity where we had 3 boards, and our whole group had to travel over a "swamp" but we could only touch the boards, and the boards could only touch the rocks, not the grass (swamp). We also did an activity where we all were holding an octagonal board, that was a maze for a ball, and we all had to guide the ball through the maze to the center of the maze. The catch was only one person could talk, the others could not talk at all.

After doing some more activities we had lunch. After lunch, we had our final activity, and my personal favorite which was Lazer Tag. Well, it was not Lazer Tag like in the dark, and with the black-lights because first of all, it was outside during the day. We each got a gun that shot lazers, and we had to try to hit the sensor on the head of players on the opposite team. We each had a gun with a cord that connected to our head sensor. If we got shot in the head we would loose a life, and we had 30 lives in total.

It was way more realistic, because we had a scope with a little dot in the middle of it to aim. I was on the Red team. Each game lasted about 25 minutes I would say. We beat the Blue team 3 out of 3 times, which does not seem like a lot, but we played for 90 minutes or more overall. It was very intense, and we were all very tired after. It was so fun, and I guess we won because we were communicating better, had better strategies, or could just aim better in general.

After we were finished playing that, we walked back down to get ready to leave. We got a picture also:

There is Me, Boan, Erik, Lluis, Yonghwa, Juho, Pierce, Molly, Dominik, Izzie, and Carolina. 

We left Carlingford on the bus around 4:30 PM. I felt pretty sick on the bus, my throat was hurting the day before, and I think I had a pretty bad virus going around. It was a cold, but it gave you a fever also. I was really tired most of the way home, we got to St. Andrews around 6:00 PM. I took the bus home from there. 

Sunday, I had to do a ton of homework and stuff before school again on Monday. I did my Math HW, along with my Spanish homework, which took like 90 minutes, and other things as well. I ran Sunday night, even though I was still sick. I ran 5 times around my park, which is 2500 meters, which is half of a 5k. I ran it in 12 minutes. My goal this year is to get under 20 minutes in the Run in the Dark. It is a really insane goal for me, but If I train every other night for September, then in October and November try to train every night, I can run 5000 meters under 20 minutes. 

-August 8-10, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment