Sunday, September 3, 2017

1st Week of School - New Korean Restaurant!!

Last week was my first week of school, even though we started school on a Tuesday. The Monday before I started school, all of the students who were going into 5th year had to go into St. Andrews from 9:30 AM until 2:30 PM for a meeting. It was a waste of time in my opinion, but this guy was teaching us how to study efficiently, and other habits we should get into. It was pretty boring, I was really tired that day I remember specifically because we were just sitting for 4 hours doing nothing. 

Tuesday was our first real day of school. In each of our classes on Tuesday, we just went over what the year would be like and what the course entailed. I had PE for 2 periods on Tuesday. That was pretty fun, we played softball. I am bad at catching but it is fun to run around. I had HL Math Tuesday for 2 periods in total. I understood mostly everything the first day, but after Thursday, I wanted to switch to Standard Level. 

Wednesday was a half day, and we had our first Theory of Knowledge class Wednesday. It was pretty fun, and our teacher was really funny. I also had Music for the last 2 periods of Wednesday. There are only 2 people total in my Music class. It is just Molly and I, which is kind of nice since we already know a lot about Music so we can just get right into the course. We were suppose to download a software called MuseScore which would allow us to write music on our laptops for different instruments. 

Thursday was when I decided I needed to drop down to Standard Level Math, which is still equivalent to the Leaving Cert Higher Level Math course. I switched to Standard level math on Friday and Im glad I did because I did not understand anything we were doing Thursday in HL Math. Thursday night we had an IB meeting at St. Andrews at 7:30 PM. It lasted about 2 hours, and I gave out all the invitations to an IB party my mom and I were hosting in about 2 weeks. 

Friday, I presented in Spanish about what I did over the summer, I talked about going back to Michigan, and going lobstering in Maine. The word for Lobster in Spanish is Langosta, and Pescar Langosta means to go fishing for Lobster. I finished Friday with 2 periods of Music and History as the last period. I think I will enjoy History as my last class on Friday, because it will be more chill since it is at the end of the day and week. 

Friday night, we went to a restaurant called 'The Bank' that was down by the Liffey. It is really called 'The Bank on College Green' but everybody just calls it 'The Bank'. We got to sit upstairs on this cute floor where you could look down on the 1st floor and see everybody sitting. 


For a starter, I got the soup of the day, which came with bread and butter. The soup was very good.


For my main dish, I got a 8 oz burger. It came with some french fries (chips for Irish kids) and 2 sauces. The fries were delicious, and so was the burger, I ate the burger without the bun because I could not have eaten that whole burger with the bun and everything. 


After we were done eating at The Bank, we walked over to The Gaiety Theater which is near St. Stevens Green. We were going to see 'Riverdance' which is a play that has traditional Irish music and dance in it. It was really awesome, they had the people who played the music on stage. There was a guy who played the flute, one who played the violin, or fiddle I don't know the difference, and one who played a horn instrument. I loved the music the most, because they were very talented. After the play, we went to Ginos to get some Ice-Cream. I got Snickers and Bubblegum Ice-Cream and Levi got a chocolate crepe.


My weekend was very fun, on Saturday, I went to Subway for lunch around 2 PM. I finally found my Subcard somewhere in my house a couple days ago so I could use it at Subway. I also got to work on a new software I might purchase called FL Studio 12, which is another Digital Audio Workstation that I am learning to use. 

Sunday was the fun day. I was going to go out to get Lunch with Alec, Pierce, Boan, Yonghwa, and Juho at 11:00 AM. I woke up and took a shower Sunday morning, then walked down to meet everybody around 11:00 AM. I met Boan, Yonghwa and Juho by the Shopping Center. We walked down Grafton Street and stopped at Brown Thomas to look around. We met Pierce and Alec after we were done in the store, and then continued to walk to the lunch place. 

The restaurant we were going to was across the Liffey. We finally got there, and to enter the restaurant, we went through a marketplace that sold fish and other things. The restaurant was called Brothers Dosirak. It was a traditional Korean restaurant. I ordered the Korean BBQ Beef Dosirak which was "Thinly sliced beef, marinated in homemade Korean BBQ sauce, served with mixed vegetables accompanied by 4 side dishes and a dessert".

It was incredible, and we got free wings also since they were so nice. Yonghwa and Juho spoke to the restaurant owners in Korean since they spoke the same language. They are both from South Korea, and Boan is from China. I got a picture of my food.

From Left to Right, there is Boan, Yonghwa, Juho, Me, and Pierce. 

After we were finished eating, we went to this place that was a South Korean store on the first floor, but we could go upstairs and play pool since they had a pool table. We had to pay of-course but it was very cheap. 


I got some drinks from the market before we left. I got one kind that was grape flavour, and another that was cinnamon punch. I brought them home Sunday night for my family to try. Here are pictures of each of them.


After we were finished playing pool, I walked home with all the things I bought at the South Korean Market. For dinner Tonight, we had steak and fish. I had my family try the different drinks I bought at the Korean Market. I loved the drink in the green can, it was very sweet and tasted delicious.


-August 28 - September 3, 2017



3 comments:

  1. Hey Jaxsun, the way I see it....the fiddle and violin are the same instrument but the difference is the music played. Chopin is definitely violin, turkey in the straw is fiddle. Just my two cents...A. Pen ��

    ReplyDelete