Monday, December 11, 2017

Grease Musical - Going home in 12 days!

Last week was my exam week, where I had all of my exams except for my Spanish one, which I took today. Today is Monday, December 11th which means I have 12 more days before I fly back home to Michigan. We leave next Friday morning, and we get home around 10 PM. 

The week before my exam week was the week of the musical. Monday was our dress rehearsal, which was our first practice where the cast had microphones, and the lights and the sound guy had everything set up. The professional musicians played with us Monday night. Our 3 shows were Tuesday through Thursday, each one at 7:30 PM. Each night was very fun, but I think the crowd got better as the days went on. Thursday was definitely the best crowd. One of the nights I remember the second to last song, the power somehow stopped working for my piano and the amps of the other musicians for like 15 seconds, so there was no music for 15 seconds, then somehow the power came back on.

My family came to watch me Wednesday, and they loved it. The whole production I thought was very good, especially because it was the first year it was put on by Mr. Williams and Ms. Sawyer. 


After the final performance on Thursday, I was happy that it was over because it was very stressful, but I also wish we could have put on more performances because it is so fun each night. There was a short party Thursday night, and after that Juho and Yonghwa came to my house to spend the night. We went to sleep around 2 AM. 


The next morning, we ordered food for Lunch and hung around until about 2 PM. They then went to Booterstown to meet Boan. It was Friday, but we had the day off because it was the week before Exams. 

Exam week went pretty well, Physics was my hardest test by far. All the rest of the exams were not that hard. Saturday, December 9, we all went to the Bord Gáis theater to see E.T. in concert. The National Symphony Orchestra played the entire soundtrack to the movie, while the movie was playing on a huge screen. It was excellent! 


The next day Sunday, we all went out to eat lunch at a place called 'The Vintage Kitchen'. I got a Lamb Shank with carrots and a baked potato. It was delicious. 


I then went out to get a present for my person that I got for Secret Santa which we would be doing on Tuesday. I then took the 145 back to my house. I studied for my Spanish test that I had on Monday (Today), along with practiced the piano and talked to my dad. 

-November 27 - December 10-


No comments:

Post a Comment