Monday, December 18, 2017

Karaoke, IB Party, South Korea trip maybe?!

Last Tuesday we had our Secret Santa day at school. I got Juho for my secret santa about a month ago, which is perfect for me. I got him some food from the Korean supermarket, and also made him a cool spray-painted painting I tried to make it Christmas themed. He loved the painting and the gift. 



For my gift, I got some candy, and also a self stirring mug from Maria. I was so excited to try out the self stirring mug, it works very well!

Thursday night after school, Juho, Yonghwa and Boan came over around 5:30 PM. Me and my mom were going to take them out to dinner at Brothers Dosirak. We left around 6 PM and walked all the way to the restaurant. On the way, Juho called his friend whos father owns the restaurant and got us a reserved table. Once we got there, we ordered our food. I got the Bulgogi Dosirak just like I usually do. We also ordered some Korean chicken wings that are always amazing. 




After we were finished eating, we all walked to the Korean supermarket about 2 blocks away. I got some more noodles for myself, and Yonghwa got a lot of food for himself also. We then walked back to the bus stop, and my mom and I took the bus home. 

Friday night (December 15) I took the bus across the Liffey to a restaurant called Arisu. It is a Traditional Korean BBQ restaurant. We planned this night about a week ago, a lot of IBs and some other people were coming to dinner, then we were all going to Karaoke. I got to the restaurant at 5:30 PM, and Pierce and Connell were there already. Most of the people got there around 5:45 PM. At the dinner there was Kim, Dominik, Shane, Connell, Pierce, Juho, Yonghwa, and Juhos friend Jinho. The people at the restaurant set up our grill to make the BBQ. 

They put the meat on the grill that is in the table, and make it for us. Then, they cut it up with scissors and we eat it. It looks something like this.  


After we were all finished eating, we all walked over to the Karaoke place, which is part restaurant, and part karaoke place. We had a big room again for 14 people, more people showed up for Karaoke. The room was pretty cold, but the guy got a heater for us. Juho and Yonghwa started off singing a few Korean songs, then everybody started to queue up songs and sing them. It was a lot of fun.




I left the Karaoke place around 9:30 PM, and took the bus home.

Saturday night I was having my IB party at 7 PM. I told everyone to bring or wear Pjs. We started setting up for the party around 4 PM, this time the parents would be upstairs by the Piano room, and all the IBs would be downstairs in the Kitchen. A lot of people showed up, and the downstairs was packed. Many people brought food, even though nobody asked, which was nice of them. Carolina brought Guacamole that her mom made, which is so delicious. 

Ben brought his speaker for the party which I was thankful for. We played a mix of Christmas music and just regular cool music. The party lasted until about 11 PM, thats when the last of the people left. 



Sunday, Mama, Levi and I all went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It was the most recent movie, and we saw it in the Stella Theater. At 1:30 PM, we started to walk down to Rathmines, where the theater is. It took us about 20 minutes to get there, and before we went to the movie, we went to eat Lunch at Fallon & Byrne. I got a chicken wrap, and my mom got some Indian food. 

We then walked over to the theater around 2:50 PM, the movie started at 3 PM.  































The theater looked way different than any other theater I have been to. There was a huge screen at the front, but there were individual leather chairs. They were very comfortable also, when I sat down I sunk into the fluffy cushion. It was probably the best way to watch a movie, because you have your own table and seat and its so relaxing. The movie was amazing, especially some of the special effects. I would highly recommend this movie. After the movie, we walked home and got there around 6 PM. 



Monday was my last day at school before we went back to Michigan! I did not do much since it is the last week before break, and everybody is just relaxing waiting to get out of school. Once I got home, I started packing, I hadn't packed Sunday night. I planned to take 2 carry on bags back, so that I could bring a lot back to Dublin. I also am taking things back to Michigan that I can take back, since this might be the last time I go to Michigan before actually moving back to the U.S. so I have a chance to bring back things that I dont use often. 

Boan told me today that his father confirmed that he would be able to go to Korea. Juho, Yonghwa, Boan and I are all planning to go to South Korea in the beginning of June. We would be there for about 7 days. My mom still has not given me an answer but im hoping she will allow me to go, it would be so fun. Juho said that we would go to the Lotte World Tower, which was built this year and is now the 5th tallest building in the world. It is a combination of work spaces, places to eat and shop, a hotel, and theres an aquarium also. It is 554 meters high. 



Tuesday morning, we all wake up at 6 AM so that we can get to the Airport to get our flight home around 8:45 AM. We will be in Michigan around 7 PM Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment