Saturday, November 25, 2017

International Night 2017!

November 15, 2017 was International Night at my school. Every year, my school hosts an International Night where there are stalls for different parts of the world such as the US, Columbia, Canada, South Korea, Australia, etc. There is also a parade, where people from different places walk through the senior hall and onto the stage. I was in the parade representing the United States. I wore jeans and a green hoodie, and Jenna joined the parade with me. It started at 7:30 PM, and the US was the last country to walk through the hall for the parade. Jenna and I had the American flag around our back while we walked through the huge crowd of people. 



After each country walked through the hall, they stood with their flag on the stage. 



My mom brought over a ton of candy and snacks from the USA that we used for the stand. There was a lot of people helping with the America stall, including Chance and my brother. 



Boan was wearing Chinese traditional clothing from China, and it looked really cool. Juho and Yonghwa were also wearing traditional south Korean clothing. 


Juho, Boan, and Yonghwa



I got to try a lot of different foods from different stalls, and I got my face painted by Izzie also. It was a very fun night, but I got home very late. 

On Saturday and Sunday, I had rehearsals for the Musical. Saturday, we went through the musical, and Ms. Sawyer played the songs that I did not know, the ones Jean was going to play. Jean was originally suppose to be playing half of the songs on the Piano, but she was only able to come in the last half of rehearsal on Sunday. Ms. Sawyer asked me to learn all of the pieces on Sunday, and I said that I would. For the past couple of days, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night I have been practicing piano most of the night so I can finish learning all of the songs. I wanted to get them all learned by Wednesdays rehearsal so that I can know the songs for the rehearsals on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. 

Monday, I skipped Badminton and my Piano lesson so that I could spend the whole night practicing music for the Musical. Tuesday was very fun. I went into school for registration, and then took the bus with Molly to the city center where we got some food, then went to the National Concert Hall. We listened to a man analyse Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Overture, then after that we got to listen to the Orchestra play it through from start to finish, it was very fun to listen to, it was very dramatic. Molly and I went to Starbucks after the performance, then went back to school. 

Wednesday, I spent the day practicing piano for the Musical. Molly and I met up and went to school for rehearsal around 1:30 PM. Rehearsal lasted until about 7 PM. I left around that time to go straight to the Run in the Dark which was that night at 8 PM I planned to meet up with Dominik and Carolina. They were the only people I knew were doing the Run still, at the time. Many people backed out of the Run because it was raining very hard. It had been raining for most of the day, which caused flooding in different parts of Dublin, luckily the rain stopped right as the Run in the Dark began. After we finished the Run, Dominik and I went to a restaurant to get some food. Then we each went home.  


-November 15-25, 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment