Sunday, October 15, 2017

PSAT - Hurricane Ophelia Hitting Ireland!!!!

Monday after school, I had Badminton from 4-5 PM. Right after badminton, I had my piano lesson from 5-6 PM. Badminton was fun, I was playing with Eszter, Iian, and Adam. After my Piano lesson, I took the bus home. Tuesday, I had a Physics test. The test was originally planned for Wednesday, but we had to take it Tuesday since we had the PSATs on Wednesday. The physics test was very challenging, but I was glad after I took it. 

Wednesday, I took the PSATs. Everybody takes them the same day, which was that Wednesday October 11. I had been studying for the SATs over the summer with a book my Dad gave to me. I guess it paid off because these PSATs were very easy I thought. I think I will get the highest scores on this PSAT out of all the PSATs that I've taken. 
Friday, I had my Spanish test that would be my October grade, so I had been studying a lot Thursday night. I felt fairly prepared, and it took us overall 80 minutes to take the test. It was pretty hard but I think I did well on it. 

Friday after school, I went straight home and took a shower. I got clothes on and started to walk down to Grafton street, where I was going to meet Juho and some other people. I wore my new Nike Air Force 1 shoes.


We were going out to eat at Brothers Dosirak. Isabel and her cousin tried to find me, but after a while, I went to find them and we just took a cab to the restaurant where we met Juho, Kim, Alec, Pierce, and many more people. I got the same thing I got last time, and I also bought some noodles from the store that was right next to the restaurant. After dinner, some people went to Karaoke with us, and some went home. We had about 14 people in total that went to Karaoke Friday night. It was very fun, Juho, Yonghwa and Jinho were singing songs in Korean, and the rest of us sung songs we knew. 


I took a bus home and got home around 10:00 PM.

Saturday Oma, Levi and I walked down to the Dublin Theatre Festival near the Liffey to see a play. It was called "We Come from Far, Far Away". It was a story of 2 refugees from Syria making their way to Norway. I thought it was pretty good, and the whole story was true. They said after the play that they had interviewed a lot of refugees and had heard all of these real stories, and put them together into a play. After the play, Levi and Oma went to the Custom House, while I walked home. 

Walking home, I passed a Foot Locker store and went in to have a look at some shoes. I ended up buying a pair of Adidas shoes. They were really nice, they were white, with black stripes and the Adidas logo along the back. 


I did piano when I got home, then played on my Laptop for a while. For dinner, Oma made Levi and I some hamburgers. Along with the hamburger, I had some rice and noodles that I got Friday night from the shop by the restaurant we went to. They were very delicious. 


After eating the noodles, I still had a lot left, probably for another week or so, because I like to eat noodles each night around 10:00 PM if I am a bit hungry.


Sunday was more of a chill day. Levi, Oma and I went to get breakfast at "The Natural Bakery" which was right next to the Tesco we always went to. They had bakery things, but also sandwiches, donuts, and muffins. Levi and I shared a sandwich.


 I topped up my Leap card 20 Euros so I could use the bus when I went to school again. I cleaned the bathrooms and did piano Sunday after we had breakfast. For dinner, Oma made steaks, and they were delicious. After dinner, a bunch of people on the IB chat started texting and saying there was no school tomorrow since there was a hurricane apparently heading straight for Ireland, and would pass right through it tomorrow during the day. I looked on the news and sure enough, it said that all schools were canceled Monday. The hurricanes name is called Hurricane Ophelia which I think is a pretty cool name. On the news they were saying that it will be the strongest storm in Ireland since a storm in 1965 that killed 15 people, which is insane. It is not going to be hitting where I live very hard, I think it will just be windy and rainy. We will see tomorrow though. 

 - October 9-15, 2017 -



No comments:

Post a Comment