Monday, October 23, 2017

3 Day Week - Halloween Decorations

Later on Sunday night, the Ireland Board of Education decided to close all schools in Ireland for Monday because of the hurricane that was going to hit us Monday. It was named Ophelia, and was suppose to be the worst storm to hit Ireland since Hurricane Debbie in 1961. Everybody was advised to stay inside during the Hurricane.

I went to sleep on Sunday around 1:00 AM and woke up around 9:00 AM. The hurricane was suppose to hit where I lived around 1:00 PM to about 4:00 PM. At 11:00 AM, Levi and I went on a walk right before the hurricane came. We walked down by the Liffey, and got some snacks from Tesco on the way back home. The water in the Liffey seemed to be higher than normal, and it was very windy, but still very sunny. We walked back home, and on the way back I got some drinks from the Centra right next to the pierce street dart station. 



We got home around 12:10 PM. It started to get very rainy and windy around 1-2 PM, but it never got really bad. Oma thought we might loose electricity, but we never did. It hit much harder on the west coast of Ireland, and we heard that at one point, there were 300,000 people without electricity. Around 4 PM, Levi and I went walking around to see if we could find anything fallen down because of the hurricane. 

We saw on Twitter a picture of a part of a tree that had fallen down right across the canal. We went to where it was, but the tree was picked up already, but you could see on the side of the tree the part that had fallen off. We found another tree fallen down in front of a bike path along the canal as well. All of the bikers had to go around it since it was covering their path. There was also a small tree down right across the street from us in the park, but it was a very small tree. 

Later in the day on Monday, I found out that schools were going to remain closed Tuesday, so I had Tuesday off from school also. Tuesday was a very nice day, it was very sunny, and probably one of the nicest days I have seen in Dublin which is pretty ironic since I had no school.

Friday after school, I was going to go out with Boan, Juho and Yonghwa, but I decided not to because it was raining and I would get soaked. Later that same night around 11:00 PM, I went to Subway to get a sandwich.


Saturday, Isabels Marine Conservation Club was meeting at the Sandymount train station at 10:00 AM. It was our first beach clean-up as a group. We had trash bags, gloves, and trash grabber things. We walked along Sandymount beach and picked up trash and bottles that we found. While we were picking up trash, storm Brian was passing right over us, so it was very windy and rainy. 



Chance with a mini tree that he found



Saturday night, my Mom was back from Michigan, so we all went out to eat at a place called "The Little Kitchen". It is about a 10 minute walk from our house so we left around 5:40 PM to get to our reservation at 6:00 PM. Levi and I shared a steak, and my Mom and Oma got fish with mussels. The steak was delicious!


Me and Levis meal
My Moms meal

After we finished our food, we walked back in the dark to our house. 

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. In the morning around 11:00 AM, Levi and I walked down to the St. Stevens Green shopping center. We got food from Eddie Rockets and ate it upstairs. We got some french fries that were covered in cheese and bacon, and we shared a cheeseburger also.


The reason we went to the shopping center in the first place, was to go to the silly shop. There is this silly shop Levi loves to go to in the shopping center, and I wanted to get some black color spray to color my hair black. We found that, and we also found a 75 Euro huge clown mask that Levi tried on.


We stopped at another store on the way home, and I bought a witches hat. It fit me well and it looked cool and it was only 10 Euro. 



Later in the day on Sunday, I went to Tesco with Oma. We got a lot of vegetables, and I got some snacks, we got some fruit and some meat. After Oma and I brought all the food back to the house and put it away, we went back out to walk over to Euro Giant to get some halloween decorations for my room. On the way to Euro Giant, we stopped at Cafe Nero to get some coffee. Since I don't drink coffee, I got a hot chocolate and Oma got a coffee. 


We got to Euro Giant, and I bought a ton of halloween decorations including 3 plastic chandeliers, a candle, black, orange and purple balloons and some mini gravestones. I decorated my room with them when I got back home. 

 

-October 15-23, 2017



1 comment:

  1. Nice update, thanks! You should feel good about cleaning up the beach!

    ReplyDelete