Sunday, October 1, 2017

Chris Rock Show! / 2 New Sweatshirts!

Last week, my school had Monday off, so I only had a 4 day week at school. Monday, I spent most of the day finishing my 2 essays that I had to turn in on Tuesday. I finished my English and History essay, and all my other homework. 

Wednesday was our half day, and after school Chance, Kim, Carolina and I all went to get pizza. There is this pizza place close to my house called Cirillos. It is a modern Italian restaurant and their pizza is very delicious. Me and Chance split a garlic pizza and Kim and Carolina had another pizza. 

Thursday, Boan brought in Mooncake from a celebration he went to Wednesday night. The first one I tried was at lunch time and it was very good. Boan said it was filled with lotus seed paste. The other one was softer and was filled with purple sweet potato, which was really interesting.



Thursday night, I ran 3km around my park. I ran it in under 13 minutes which is really good for me. I want to get under 22 minutes for the Run in the Dark this year. I also signed up for another 5k on October 7 in Kilbogget Park. There will be over 1,000 people there and a DJ and stuff, so that should be fun. 

Thursday night run time for 3k


This weekend was a very packed weekend for me, but it was probably one of the best weekends I have had in a while. Saturday morning, I woke up and had from that time until about 1:00 PM to do whatever. I had cleaned the bathrooms the day before so I could do whatever I wanted, so I walked down into temple bar to go shopping. I got some Mountain Dew from this special store that sells American drinks, and I also got a really nice shirt for 10 Euro. It had the leaning tower of pisa on it.




Saturday at 2:00 PM, I had a play with Oma, my Mom and Levi at 'The Helix' in DCU which is Dublin City University. 



It was about cats. Everybody was dressed up as cats, and they had different characters, and some of the people could sing very well. Overall it was a pretty good play, it was kind of weird though, because it was all about cats but it was fun. I was going to meet Alec and his Family at a restaurant at 5:00 PM, so right after we got out of the play we got a taxi to the restaurant. 

My family met Alec and his mom there, and they left me there, and I had food with Alec, his Mother, and his sister. The restaurant that we ate at was called 'The Drunken Fish' and it was Korean food. We got a lot of food to share, and it was all very delicious.






After we had the amazing meal at The Drunken Fish, we took a taxi to the 3 Arena, because I was going to see Chris Rock with them as well. The show started at 7:00 PM, so we had time to get to the arena. I was so excited to see Chris Rock, because I know that he is a comedian, and he has been in movies like Madagascar, and Grownups and Grownups 2 with other actors like Adam Sandler, Kevin James and David Spade. 

We got to the 3 Arena, and we all had to put our phones in these little green pouches. We were able to carry them, but they did not want anybody recording the show it seems, because probably that people could steal their content.
Where we had to put our phones in the locked cases
On the way to Chris Rock!!

The show started around 7:20 PM, and he had a few openers, who were really good. One guy took some random people from the audience and roasted them on stage, that was very funny. When Chris Rock came out, everybody went crazy. He was obviously the best part, but he was very funny, and just told stories about every day life and random things like that and politics and things. It was a very good show!

Alec and I were very excited because after the show, we went to Izzies house for a little get together. We all got another taxi to near Izzies house since Alec lives really close to her, and Alecs sister and Mom could drop us off at her house. We stayed at the party until about 11:30 PM, it was a pretty fun party and then I walked to Alecs house. From there, I called a taxi to get home. I went to sleep around 12:40 PM.


Sunday was a very fun day also. I woke up at 6:26 AM to go for a walk in the morning. I walked down by the canal, and took some cool pictures of random places I thought looked cool at night. 


After I got home, I watched some videos, and worked a bit on some songs on FL Studio 12. I studied a lot of Spanish vocabulary also, because I had made a quizlet for my Spanish class Friday, and I had to learn some terms. Around 2:00 PM, Levi, Oma and I went down to St. Georges Arcade to go shopping. Levi said there was this really cool shop that has really nice hoodies, like the ones that I wanted to buy online. They have really interesting designs on them. 

I ended up buying 2 sweatshirts. One had a hood, and the other one did not, which I liked because it was like a shirt, but very comfortable and just no hood. They were both so amazing! 


I think that the first one went well with my shorts. When we were walking around by St. Georges Arcade, we stumbled upon a Chinese market. They were selling things for the Mid-Autumn Festival which is a Chinese celebration on October 4. The shop was way bigger than I would have thought, we spent a long time in there, and bought a lot of things. Then we continued on home. We had 1 more stop at Dunnes in the St. Stevens Green shopping center. Levi and I got Ice-Cream, and I bought 2 pair of gloves for 3 Euro. 


Then we finally were able to make our way home and got home around 4:00 PM.

For dinner we ate with Ms. Beth and her husband Ben. We had some meat and potatoes and I made myself a salad with avocado, cranberry seeds and cheese and onions. We played many games afterwards which was fun. I go back to school tomorrow, and I have a piano lesson tomorrow, as well as Badminton!!

-September 26 - October 1, 2017!











No comments:

Post a Comment