Wednesday, April 12, 2017

BACK IN GRAND RAPIDS!! (Meeting up with the Cousins)

      Last Friday was my last day of school in Ireland before I was going to come home for 2 weeks to Grand Rapids. Last Friday, April 7, I went to school and it was a half day. We got to wear whatever we wanted to if we brought in 2 Euro for a charity. I asked my Mom if I could skip school Friday since it was a half day and all day we would just be watching movies, but she said no.

      I went to school and gave my 2 Euro, and went to all of my classes. First I went to History, and Ms. Galvin did not show up so after 20 minutes of waiting, we went to supervised study. Supervised study is just sitting and doing nothing. It is where people go if their teacher does not show up or they have no teacher for that class. After that, I went to Spanish, and we just sat around, then I went to English. In English, we played Kahoot for 40 minutes. Next, in Math, we watched Crazy Russian Hacker on YouTube which was fun. Then I had my break, and I ate some food, then I had Career Guidance where we just watched Ted Talks. Then the school day was done, and I went home!

     I had to pack more to go to Grand Rapids. I finished packing, which included all of my clothes, which I put in my carry on bag. I had put my clothes in a carry on luggage, than put that luggage inside of another bigger luggage, so that when I got to Grand Rapids, I could have 2 luggage's to use to take things back to Dublin. I also packed the orange carry on bag with the Xbox 360, and games for it also. I was planning to leave it in Grand Rapids for the rest of the summer. Last, I packed my backpack with my Alienware Laptop, and my electronic things. 

        Saturday, I woke up at 8:00 AM so I could take a shower before we left. We had to leave at 9:30 AM so that we could get on our flight at 11:25 AM. I took a shower and got new clothes on, then Me, Levi and Oma said goodbye to Mama. We got a cab to the Airport. We went through customs at the Dublin airport which was really nice, so we did not have to do it once we landed in New York. We went to our gate, which was delayed only 30 minutes. I grabbed some food from a nearby store and we got on the plane. 


This was the longest flight we had in our trip back to Grand Rapids. We were flying from Dublin to New York, but it only took 6 Hours and 30 Minutes. I thought it would take 8 hours, but I think the wind helps a lot depending if we are going with or against the wind. The plane had TVs so I watched 3 Movies. I watched Suicide Squad, Jack Reacher Never Go Back, and The Girl on the Train. They were all pretty good movies, but Jack Reacher was the best movie. It was the 2nd Jack Reacher movie, and I like it better than the first one personally. Once we landed in New York, we did not have that long of a layover, and our gate was only about 10 away from the gate that we arrived in, so it did not take long to get to our next gate. We had about a 2 hour layover. Me and Levi went to get some snacks, and we were on the plane to Detroit soon after that. 

We arrived in Detroit at about 7:30 PM their time. We got to walk under ground with the cool tunnel that has colors and has pretty music also. 


Once we got to our gate that was our flight to Grand Rapids, it said that our flight was delayed until 10:30 PM. It was suppose to be at 8:30 PM. Soon after that, it was pushed back again to 1:10 AM, so we had to wait about 5 hours to get our plane back to Grand Rapids. It seemed like a long amount of time, but it passed by quicker than I thought it would. Oma and Levi were tired and slept while we were waiting and on the plane to Grand Rapids also. I just got out my Laptop and used Ableton Live. We finally got on the plane, and it was a really nice plane. It was new I could tell, and the engines were really quiet. A ton of people decided to drive to Grand Rapids when they heard the flight would be delayed again to 1:10 AM, so the plane to Grand Rapids that we were on was very empty.

Here is me and all of the empty seats on the plane to Grand Rapids. 
The flight was only about 30 Minutes, and I slept about 10 on the plane, and we got to Grand Rapids. It was about 2:00 AM, and we got off and ran to meet Papa. He was waiting for us and we gave him hugs, and went to get our luggage. The baggage carousel that carries all of the luggage around so people can take them, got overflowed with luggage since everybody decided to drive to Grand Rapids earlier, so we had to all take random luggage's off of the luggage carousel. We got our 3 checked bags then got in Papas car and drove home. Oma and Levi went straight to bed. I did some unpacking, and then eventually went to bed around 3:30 AM. It was nice to be back in the house. 


It was Sunday morning when I woke up. Oma went back home right in the morning. Her friend Dawn drove her home. I took a shower in the morning. Me, Levi and Papa went to Taco Bell for lunch on Sunday. 

Papa and Levi at Taco Bell. 
I got a Beefy 5 Layer Burrito Meal Deal and a Taco. It was delicious. We spent the rest of the day at Papas house, and I brought my laptop over to his house. We did not have Wi-Fi at my Moms house so we spent the night at Papas house. We ended up staying at Papas house until we would get Wi-Fi Thursday morning. 

Monday, I woke up and I felt pretty sick, and my throat hurt and I had a stuffy nose. I took some stuff to make me feel better. We spent basically all day at Papas house Monday. I played a lot of H1Z1 which is the online game that I played in Dublin with friends online. It is very fun, and I used a cool headset that my dad had at his house. 

Monday night, Gabe came over to hang out with Levi at my Moms house. Papa made Pizza for Me, Gabe and Levi. It was very good! Levi, Papa and Gabe watched "The Secret Life of Pets" at my Moms house. Gabe then went home and Papa and Levi came back over to Papas house where I was. There was a storm Monday night, and here is what the Radar looked like.

 

Tuesday, I woke up and felt the same amount of sick also. We had an appointment with Nancy that morning, and she gave me some stuff to help my stuffy nose and my immune system and stuff. We went back to Papas house to hang out, but at 3:30 PM, we went to see "Ghost in the Shell" which starred Scarlett Johansson. It was really good! We went to Dinner at a Mexican place Tuesday night called "Lindo Mexico". It was located on 28th street. I got a Chimichanga, which is a deep fried burrito, and it was delicious! I could not eat the whole thing, so I took a little bit of it home. 

Papa and Levi at Lindo Mexico
My Chimichanga. 

After that we spent the night at Papas house again. Tuesday night I started to feel a slight bit better. When I woke up Wednesday morning, I felt much better. I felt that my fever was gone, and only my throat hurt a little bit, which was good. I had to go over to my Moms house to wait for somebody who was going to come to tune our piano. He was suppose to be there at 8:30 AM, but ended up coming around 10:00 AM. Papa had a doctors appointment at 8:20 AM so he came over to the house after that. Him and Levi played cribbage and I worked on my Laptop on Ableton Live. Once he got here, he tuned our piano while I worked outside on the bushes my Mom was going to pay me for. There were these plants by the pool that were way overgrown and I used the trimmer to trim them and put the trimmings in bags. They were crazy overgrown. Here are some Pictures.

These are the plants I need to trim and clean up by the Pool. 
 

I did 1 hour of that so I could get an hourly pay. We got to see the Piano being taken apart, partly.


Apparently you can take this whole part out of the Piano, and just put it back in, along with the side parts and the cover. I did not know that you could do that. It allows you to see how when you hit a key, how the hammer works to hit the string. It is pretty cool! We payed the Piano tuner, than we went back to Papas House. We were going over to Grandmas house and going out to dinner with Aunt Jen, Uncle Norm, Jalen, Nayda, Grandma, Aunt LeAnn, and Adam. We drove to Grandmas, and I played some songs for her, and we went to a Mexican place at 5:30 PM called "Mi Cocina" which was in Grand Haven. We met my 3 cousins there Jalen, Nayda and Adam. I talked to Adam and Jalen a lot about awesome funny things. I ordered 2 tacos but got 3. The people at the restaurant said they were small so decided to give me another one which was nice.

Here is a picture of My Meal. 
Here is a picture of Jalens Meal. 

I barely finished my Meal, but I ate all 3 of my tacos and they were delicious. We got some amazing pictures also.

Me, Jalen, Nayda, Adam and Levi.
Here is a picture of Adam looking at his phone. 
The "Tres Amigos" as Jalen said. 
Jalen and I
We said goodbye to our cousins at Mi Cochina since they had to go since they had school the next day. Grandma, Levi, Papa and I all went back to Grandmas for a while. Here is a funny video of Papa dancing at Grandmas house.


We left around 8:10 PM to go back home. We went back to Papas house to spend the night. We had to be at my Moms house tomorrow Morning from 8:00-10:00 AM so that AT&T could give us Internet back. 

-Jackson Glasser

April 12, 2017

The Blarney Blogger





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thorough description of your life the past few days! Too bad the video of Tim
    dancing didn't come through! It was quite a jig!

    ReplyDelete