Sunday, March 8, 2020

Mom in Glasgow / Edinburgh Trip!

Friday March 6:

Today my Mom flew into Glasgow. I met up with my marketing group in the morning so that we could work on our presentation that we had to give next week. We met in the library for about 3 hours and worked on our presentation, then I walked home to do laundry. I did a load of laundry and then took a shower and later met up with my mom and we drove to have dinner at a nice Indian restaurant called Obsession of India.

The food was very delicious, I got garlic naan bread with my meal and we had papadums as well. After we had dinner we went to a massive Tesco to go on a shopping trip. My mom bought me some fruit and other stuff for my place. I got a ton of strawberries because I make a lot of smoothies. 

The next day was Saturday and I worked on my Celtic Civilization essay in the morning and around 3 PM my mom and I went to William Cafe for lunch. It was a really cute cafe, here are some pictures:


I got scrambled eggs on toast with a side of bacon and my mom got a tasty mushroom soup and a super salad that had beats, greens, and avocado. It was a delicious meal, I also got a berry smoothie. Then we drove around downtown to see if we could find a store to buy some postcards but we just ended up driving to Costco to check it out before our Concert. I have never been to the Costco in Glasgow but it was huge inside, and luckily they had the shin noodles that I like and I got like 18 of them. Heres some pictures of the Costco, it was packed:



We were going to a Halsey concert and got a perfect parking spot in the parking garage. It was a windy night but we finally got into the venue and headed to our seats. We were quite early and Halsey came out on stage around 9 PM. The concert was really good and her set was long, probably 2 hours or longer. There were a ton of people standing but we had pretty good seats. Here are some pictures I took with my good camera of Halsey:


The concert got done around 11:15 PM so we drove back to my place and I took my Costco stuff inside. 

Sunday, March 8:

I woke up at 10:15 AM because my Mom and I were driving to Edinburgh today to meet up with Boan and hang out. It took us about 1 hour to drive there on the M8. Once we got there we parked and my Mom went to have lunch with a friend and Boan and I went to walk around Princes street. First, we had lunch and Nando's and got chicken sandwiches which were very good.

 We went into a ton of stores like Footlocker and Size and we went to this one department store called Harvey Nicholas which was basically like a Brown Thomas in Dublin but much larger and had all the fancy brands like Gucci, Versace, etc. We looked around and Boan really wanted to get this Off-White jacket. We continued to walk around and I got a coffee at this Costa Coffee that was right in the middle of this park / Square.



We walked back to Boan's place and hung out there for a few hours. Boan was practicing the guitar and I heard a part that sounded really cool and decided to record him playing it and I turned it into a cool beat using Ableton. After a couple hours my Mom met up with us at Boan's place and we tried to figure out where we were going to eat dinner. I texted Rosie to see if she wanted to meet with us for dinner and we picked a place near to where she was. I made reservations at a Vietnamese restaurant called Vietnamese house restaurant. My Mom, Boan and I walked there around 6:10 PM and got there around 6:30 and Rosie met up with us a few minutes later. 



It was so nice to see Rosie and have Boan and my Mom there it was like a mini IB squad meet up. We talked about a lot of stuff like how we were liking Uni. We had a fabulous dinner and I got a spicy beef and noodle dish. Rosie and Boan got Pho. I had a rainbow drink for dessert which was very interesting but tasty. We said goodbye to Rosie and my Mom and I drove back to Glasgow. Pretty dope weekend!

 - 08/03/2020 -






No comments:

Post a Comment