Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Longitude 2018!

After spending about 10 days back in Michigan and hanging out with my friends, I came back to Ireland from June 13 to June 15 one last time. I had a festival that I had tickets for called Longitude. It took place at Marlay park which is a large park located South of Dublin City Center. 

Friday June 13, I arrived in Dublin around 9 AM. I had an appointment at the Blackrock Clinic at 3:30 PM so right after that I found my way to Marlay park. I walked for a while then found a bus that would take me there. I ended up getting there around 6 PM. 

This venue had one main circle area which included many shops for food and stuff, and then the main stage. Then, there were 3 other smaller stages off of the main stage area that had some smaller artists performing at. 2 of them were tents which was helpful especially for Sunday when it rained a bit. 

At 6:15 PM, Post Malone started on the main stage so I made it there in time to see him. He was very good, at the end of his performance he smashed a guitar on stage. 

Post Malone performing

Post Malone

Some pictures are from the longitude website just fyi.
The next performance was Migos at 7:45 PM which I was very excited for. I got close to the stage for this one, there were a ton of mosh pits it was crazy. 

 

The final main stage performance Friday night was J.Cole. He performed for about 90 minutes, I dont really listen to him a lot but his performance was really awesome and hype. 

J.Cole

When I left that night a ton of people were flooding into the streets, luckily I came across these busses that would take people to the City Center for only 5 Euro so I just got on one of those. 

Saturday, I met at Sean's house with a bunch of people before we all went to Longitude. I was selling Patty a Saturday ticket because he didn't have one and I had an extra. We had to take multiple taxi's since we had a lot of people. Saturday was probably the best day overall just because of the amount of artists I knew performing. We got there by 2 PM to see Big Shaq, then right after him was Playboi Carti. 

Playboi Carti performing

Playboi Carti
Big Shaq
At 7:30 PM, Tyler the Creator was performing but I didn't really listen to him at all, so I went to another side stage to try to see Lil Pump at 6:45 PM. He was not on the main stage which I was surprised about, but at another stage. I got there about 1 hour early and I was right up front. There was a ton of people packed under the tent and it was crazy. When he came out on stage everybody went insane and it was so crazy that about 5 people got carried over the crowd past the barrier because probably they passed out or got injured or something. It was fun since I knew like each song, but a while through it I decided to leave because I had gotten pushed back and couldn't see so well. 

Lil Pump

At 8 PM, Diplo was on the main stage. He is a DJ and producer and has made some popular songs, and also is just an amazing DJ. His performance on the main stage was unique because instead of everyone just crowded at the main stage, it was just people all over the main circle area just enjoying his set. The crazy part came when Travis Scott came on at 9:30 PM. His concerts are insane, and this one was pretty crazy also. He likes to jump around a lot and his set had flames and awesome stuff. 

Travis Scott


Sunday was the final day, and we met up at Rosie's house before we went to Marlay park. I brought Rosie a bunch of snacks that I had brought over from the US to her house for her to have. Me and Matthew took a taxi with Rosie and Molly and dropped them off at Ema's house and then continued on to Marlay Park. Sunday did not have a lot of people that I knew, so Matthew and I just saw the main stage acts and walked around to all the other stages. We found some pretty cool performers though. We saw Kali Uchis who is an American-Colombian singer and songwriter. I had never heard of her before but she was very good, then we saw a band called The Internet. They were from LA. 

We walked around to other stages and saw Ibeyi, a French musical duo. I really liked their music, especially because they were playing it live. One of them was playing the drums / percussion on this cool instrument that I assumed you could program to play whatever sound you wanted to on it. 

At 7:30 PM, SZA was playing on the main stage. I have heard of her before, but I actually went to a separate stage by myself to see Belly perform. He is a Canadian singer and rapper. I first got introduced to him because he was featured on a NAV song in an album produced fully by Metro Boomin in 2017. Then, I heard a song he made in 2018 called Maintain, featuring Nav. I wanted to go see him because he was friends with Nav and close friends with The Weekend. 

I got there about 30 minutes early to make sure that I was right up front, and I was. I was right up front, and there was only about 20 people standing there. I kind of thought nobody would show up, but about 25 minutes before he came on, a DJ started to play some really good music, and he definitely knew how to hype up the crowd because he got a ton of people to flood the tent, and after that it was full of people. 

It was probably my favorite performance that I went to over all 3 days. I got some really good pictures of him, and he even played Maintain. I heard a lot of songs he had with The Weekend, and I was right up front so I had the best view. Here are some pics I got:

 

He ended at about 8:45 PM, so I had time to make it to the main stage to see Solange, who is Beyoncé's sister. She was very good, her set was crazy, there were some triangles and a floating ball:


Throughout the day Sunday, it had been raining on and off. Near the end of the day a rainbow actually came out though, which was really cool:


Here is some other pictures form Longitude:


At about 10 PM, Molly and I left to find her mom and stepdad since they were giving me a ride home. I gave Molly some stuff to give back to Ms. Sawyer and Mr. Reidy at school since I wouldn't be able to, then we said goodbye to each-other. The next morning my Mom and I left around 9 AM to fly out of Dublin. I was going to Maine and she was going to Michigan. It was my last night in our awesome house:




June 13 - June 16, 2018

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to end your Dublin residency. I'm sure you'll be back to visit all the good friends you made. It's a wonderful city with amazing people!

    ReplyDelete