Sunday, March 18, 2018

SAT, Litter to Glitter, St. Patricks Day!!!

Sunday March 4th, we all went out to eat at a restaurant called I Monelli. It is a authentic Italian restaurant. I got a ravioli filled with a certain type of cheese and spinach. For desert Levi and I got Ice-Cream. The ravioli was delicious, and after we were finished eating we walked back home. 

 

Monday we were back to school after the 3 snow days. It was the week before I was to take the SATs. I had been studying for the SATs for the past few months so I felt pretty well prepared. The SATs were on Saturday, March 10. We had to be at St. Andrews before 8 AM. I woke up Saturday morning at 6:30 AM and left the house around 7 AM to get to school. Once I got off the bus and started to walk to school, I met about 3 other students with their parents that were wondering where the school was. I did not know that other people outside of the school were going to be taking the SATs at St. Andrews also, but I learned that it is one of the only places where students can take the SATs in Dublin. 

I ended up with about 3 other students with me walking to school that were taking the SAT also. Once I got there, there was a line leading to the front of the school. When they opened the doors, it took a while for people to file into the school. There then was a split in the line into 2 lines; one line for students taking the SAT with the essay and without the essay. I signed up to take the essay just because it was optional and some schools want to see the essay. 

They started at around 8 AM and finished around 1:30 PM. I thought that they went pretty well, and after I was finished I walked to the bus stop with Kim. A 46a bus passed us because it was full, so Kim decided to get on bus 47, even though she didn't know where it would take her. I decided to just wait for another 46a, and I only ended up waiting about another 4 minutes or so. I went to Subway after I got home since I didn't eat breakfast in the morning. 

Sunday, I walked to Eason's in the Stevens Green shopping center. I got some paintbrushes along with 5 different colors of paint. 


I needed paint so that I could start making the signs for Isabels Litter to Glitter fashion show. I was making an outfit and also making signs. Each sign is going to have a fact on it about the environment or how much trash humans use, stuff like that. I had picked up some cardboard from the side of the road earlier in the month. Here, people bundle up all their cardboard and tape it and put it on the side of the road for recycle people to take, but I just took one I saw to use for the posters. I was using spraypaint to make the design on the cardboard, then I used the paint to paint the facts on the poster. 


Saturday, I was able to complete 2 posters.


St. Patricks Day was March 17, and Levi, Oma, my Mom and I all went to the Parade. I woke up around 11 AM and got ready to go. We started to walk, but It was a very long walk. Luckily we were able to catch a taxi right as the people were getting out of it. The taxi took us as close as he could to the parade. It was very helpful and probably saved us a 20 minute walk there. Once we got there, we tried to find our seats. We had to walk a long way, but the parade started and we were not able to cross the road to get to our seats. We walked back and were able to cross the road at a certain point. We finally got to our seats. 



There were a lot of marching bands from the US in the St. Patricks Day parade, and they are my favorite to watch, especially the drumline. Many of these bands have played in places such as on the Great wall of China, and on the top of mount fuji. 


There were many other cool things in the parade. There was one group who had imagined a new world in which everything was more spiky. I liked that one. 


Purdue had the best marching band in the entire parade, and they had brought the worlds largest bass drum to the parade.


Another group had imagined if instead of evolving into humans, we evolved into another type of creature:


Here are some pictures from the rest of the parade:



We were near the starting point of the parade, so after it was finished, we were able to exit without a ton of people being everywhere. It was very cold, so I wanted to take a taxi home. We started walking towards our house, but we caught a taxi that brought us back to our house. 



-March 17, 2018








1 comment: