Monday, February 5, 2018

Wow Burger, Eatokyo, Spamalot, Taste at Rustic: FOOD! ! ! !

Friday night, January 26th, Alec, Dominik and I all went out to eat at Wow Burger. It was the 3rd time I had been there in that week. I went the Friday before with Dominik, and then Wednesday again with Levi and Oma. The burgers are really cheap there, about 6 Euro per, and they are the best ones Ive had in Dublin. The first floor is a bar, and when you walk down the stairs, that is where the restaurant is. I had a milkshake also and almost bought another. 

Me enjoying my Milkshake at Wow Burger

Alec spent the night, and Dominik went home around 10 PM. We played some Xbox then Alec and I went to sleep. The next morning Alec left, and later that day we would all meet back up to get dinner again and go to a Musical. I had some sausages for breakfast, which I ate around 1:30 PM. I took sausages, and once they were cooked I cut them in half and put them in-between a bagel with cream cheese, its probably the best thing Ive ever created.

Around 4:40 PM, Dom met me at my house and we walked from there down to a restaurant called Eatokyo. It was right on the Liffey, and Alec met us at the restaurant soon after we got there. It is quite small, but there's sufficient seating inside.

 

Dominik and I ordered the same dish, which was a rice dish that had chicken and shrimp in it, it was delicious. It is the same dish I got the last time I came to Eatokyo with Juho and Yonghwa. We also each ordered a side of white rice, even though our whole meal was rice. I also got cranberry juice. Once we were finished eating, we walked around Temple Bar for a while since the musical started at 7:30 PM. Here is Dom in front of a cool painting on a wall:


 we proceeded to walk toward the Bord Gáis theater to see the Musical. On the way we saw a Starbucks so ofcourse we had to stop there. I got a Mango Black Iced Tea which was delicious!

We were going to see Spamalot. It is a Musical comedy that is based on the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It also included some ideas from Life of Brian. I have never seen either of these two movies, and I loved the Musical. It was very funny, and I would definitely go to see it again. After the Musical, Dominik took a bus home, and I went with Alec on the Dart, and I got off at Pierce street station and walked home. 

Sunday, I stayed home all day. I woke up around 12:30 PM, and did my piano, cleaned the bathrooms and did the homework that I needed to get done for Monday. Monday I had no Piano lesson, I am going to have my next 2 lessons on Wednesday at 4 PM, which means I have to wait after school for about 3 hours until 4 PM, since Wednesdays are half days. Tuesday, Oma got me a specific piano book that I needed for Wednesday, so I was thankful for that. We had tacos that night for dinner. 

Wednesday was a half day, and right after school, my Mom and I had a meeting with Ms. Gavin talking about colleges and SAT and stuff like that. Thursday at lunch time, we practiced for the U-Live concert that is Wednesday. Every U-Live, there is a cool song to start it off, and I am playing a drum for it. 

Saturday night, my Mom and I went to a new restaurant called 'Taste at Rustic'. It was up a few flights of stairs in a restaurant called 'Rustic Stone'. We entered Rustic Stone, then went up some stairs, it was kind of a maze, and we finally found the restaurant high up in the building. The food there is based off of food from South America, Japan, and Spain.

 

For my starter, I got Miso Broth which was interesting.



 For my main dish I got beef sukiyaki. I got a bowl full of vegetables and broth, and I cooked my beef in the cooking broth and then ate it with some of the broth. It was very sweet, and very delicious.


This is the Beef I cooked in the broth.



My Mom got something similar, but for hers, you cooked the meat over a mini grill thing that she got with her meat.

 
These are fried rice apetizers my mom got, they were so delicious!
The inside of the restaurant was very comfortable and warm, there were some fireplaces in the room, and the seats were very comfortable. Also, there were mirrors on the ceiling. 

 

We had dessert at the end. We got chocolate and Japanese pepper mousse. It was very good:


Sunday at 2 PM, I went to the RDS Arena to see Levi along with 2500 other children perform at Peace Proms. It was basically a huge concert where the kids would sing songs from Musicals or just popular songs, and there was a huge orchestra and some soloist singers / violin players / Irish dancers. I only stayed for the first half, at 3 PM I went to Tesco to get some food, then I went to Dominik's house. 



It was his birthday Sunday, and I bought him some potatoes, portobello mushrooms, grapes, and pop-tarts. I took the bus from that Tesco to his house, it took about 25 minutes. I walked to his house, and I was the first one there other than Pierce. During the party, (it was more of a small get together because it was only like 7 people), I cooked some potatoes and ate them. 



The party lasted until about 9:30 PM because it was a school night. We had a chance to bounce on Doms trampoline though. We all walked to the bus stop and took the bus home. I got home and went to sleep. 

Monday I went back to school. The U-Live concert is on Wednesday, so after school Carla, Isabel and I practiced the song we would be performing on Wednesday. It went really well, we pretty much are perfect and it sounds really nice, I just hope I can use the piano that I practiced on during the actual concert because it is a really good piano. It is in the Junior hall, which is right next to the senior hall so if they let me use it, we will have to move it to the stage of the senior hall for Wednesday. 

January 26 - February 5, 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment