Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Back in Ireland, January 2018!!

Before I flew back to Ireland I went shopping at Target with my brother and my dad. There was a cool structure made of different kinds of pop. 


I bought a lot of snacks and candy to take back to Ireland. My orange carry on luggage was full of snacks by the time we flew back.


We flew out January 6 at around 5 PM. We flew from Grand Rapids to Detroit, then from Detroit to Amsterdam, and then finally to Dublin. On the long 8 hour flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, we had first class seats. I tried to sleep on the plane, and I slept for about 4 hours. I had dinner before I went to sleep. 



This is the colorful underground tunnel in the Detroit Airport
Here are some last pictures from Grand Rapids:




 We got back to the Dublin house around 1:00 PM. I took about a 2 hour nap, then we went out to eat for dinner. I was very tired for the first half of the dinner, but once I got back home, I was not tired since we walked to the restaurant and back. I went to sleep around 10 PM.

Monday January 8, I went back to school. 

Sunday January 14, Me and my Mom, Oma, Levi and Levis friend all went out to eat for Breakfast at a place called Roberta's. They had a mixture of Pizza, Pancakes, French Toast, and Egg meals. Levis friend, Levi and I all got a pancake. It was really delicious, and they had real maple syrup.


They had some cool art in the restaurant also.



After I was finished eating, I took the bus back by myself so that I could get home to do some homework I had to finish. 

Later in the week, Oma made her first Souffle in the Dublin house, it turned out very good. 



Saturday January 20th, we had our 3rd beach clean up for the Marine Conservation Club. It was a very rainy morning, but still a lot of people showed up, including 2 4th years. We met at Booterstown Dart station at 10 AM, which is the closest dart station to my school. We cleaned up the parking lot of the Dart station, then walked along the beach to pick up more trash. There was a lot of trash in the parking lot, just like the last time we cleaned up around the same area. There were a lot of cans and glass bottles. 



Chance texted our group chat at around 9 AM asking where everybody was, and we said that we were meeting at 10 AM, not 9. Once we all got to the Booterstown Dart station, Chance was no where to be found, so we just thought that he went home. After we were done with the beach cleanup about 2 hours later when Dominik, Isabel and I were going to go put the trash in the trash bins, we found Chance at the Dart station, and it turns out that he was waiting for us at the Bray dart station, which is about a 30 minute dart ride south of where we were. 

Chance thought we were meeting in Bray, but we had a meeting on Tuesday and changed it to Booterstown, but at first Isabel planned to pick up trash on the walk from Bray to Greystones, so I can see why Chance was confused. We apologized to Chance because he was waiting 2 hours for us at the Bray dart station.

This is when we found Chance coming home from Bray
Chance went home, and the rest of us went to put the trash in the bins near Isabels house. After that, Dominik and I went out to eat at a place called Wow Burger. Dominik suggested it to me, and I had never heard of it, but it was right off of Grafton street close to my house. We got there, and the first floor was a bar, but the basement was the restaurant, it looked like an old fashioned American diner, and I think that's what it was based off of. Their burgers and cheeseburgers are only 6 Euro, and they are probably the best burgers I have had in Ireland over the whole couple years I have been living here.

Sunday, Levi, Oma, my Mom and I all went out to eat dinner at Dillinger's. They have a really good menu, with a lot of different choices for food such as chicken wings, tacos, nachos, and ribs. I got a 2 course meal with the first one being chicken wings, which were amazing, and for my main course I had ribs which were also amazing. I had so much food that night I cant remember a night that I had so much food:

Chicken Wings

Ribs
This is what my mom got to eat, 3 small tacos:


Monday I was back to school, and I would normally have a Piano lesson Monday after school, but It got moved to Wednesday, so I was able to go straight home after school which was nice. Tuesday I had Gym, and we did the same thing we always do, which is working out and doing random exercises. Wednesday I stayed after school and sat in the Cafeteria and worked on homework until my piano lesson at 4. I worked on my Music homework along with some Physics homework also. I had my Piano lesson, It went well, I got a new piece to work on, but he said I could chose another piece if I had a good reason so I will listen to the pieces that I have to choose from to see if I want to learn another piece. 

-January 24, 2018-

No comments:

Post a Comment