Saturday, June 3, 2017

Starting the Summer in Michigan!!

      Since being back in Michigan, I went with my Dad to go see Jalen, Nayda, Aunt Jen and Grandma. My Dad and I drove up to Holland, Michigan to meet with my cousins and Grandma at a place called Anna's House. Anna's House is a restaurant in Holland and it serves only food during Breakfast and Lunch. Inside is really large, and very nicely decorated. I decided to get the Breakfast Burrito for brunch when we went to see Jalen, Nayda, Aunt Jen and Grandma. Here is a picture:



It was very good, but I only finished about three quarters of it. It was very good with the guacamole though. It was nice to see Nayda and Jalen to see what they were up to. Here are some pictures we got at the restaurant. 


After eating brunch with the cousins, Aunt Jen and Grandma, Me and Papa went to Target to get some clothes for me. I got 2 new pairs of shorts, some tank tops, new shirts, and a ton of socks. I think I got 14 new pairs of socks in total, which is amazing because I LOVE socks, and I had only like 3 pairs before I got more from Target. Actually, I also got 2 other pairs of socks that had the American flag on them so they were really awesome looking. We also got some snacks, and they came out with a new Mountain Dew flavor, which is Dew-S-A. Which is 3 of the flavors combined into one drink and it is pretty delicious.

 

I also have got to hang out with Papa a lot since being back. We have been to Taco Bell a few times and we went to this one really good pizza place. We went to a place called Licari's Pizza Kitchen. It is right next to the corner of Knapp and East Beltline, and also literally 1000 feet away from Celebration Cinema North. We went to eat at Licari's Pizza right after we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tales, which was an amazing movie. I waited until the end of the credits because I thought there might be a possibility of a last short scene at the end of the movie, just like they do in the Marvel movies. I remembered Marvel is owned by Disney, and Disney made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and I was right because after ALL of the credits which took about 5 minutes to watch, there was a final scene. I am glad that I waited until the end to see it.

Back to the restaurant, at Licari's pizza, we got a really good pizza that had sausage, pepperoni, salami and green pepper on top of it. It was some of the best pizza I have had, it was voted best pizza in Grand Rapids. Me and Papa ate 6 out of the 8 pieces of it. 


Me and Papa recently also went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant we like to go to, called El Cunado, which is located on Grandville Ave. It is a small restaurant, but the food is delicious, and I chose to get a burrito, and I forgot how enormous they are. I almost ate my whole burrito, but I had to take some home. 

My huge burrito from El Cunado.

I also have been doing a lot of yard work since being home. I have been working in the front yard, and also around all of the trees because their are suppose to be circles of mulch around each one instead of grass, and I have to clean them up and free them of the weeds that have grown into them. Here are some before and after pictures of my yard work.
\


When Papa and I went to return some cans to Meijer, I got some Takis and a huge Gatorade. I did not know they came in this big of a bottle but I love how big they are. 

I also got some work experience with Tommy, a friend who lives close to me. He is a Chef, and works at a place called Kitchen Sage. I got to go and work with him last Thursday, and it was a really cool experience. We did a ton in one day. In the morning, I helped folding 500 sheets of paper into some pamphlets that they were going to use for an event this weekend. That took a few hours. 500 pieces of paper does not sound like a lot, but when you have to fold each one 2 times perfectly, it takes a while. 

We got to go to a meat shop and see what they did with their meat. I went with Tommy to Gordon Food Service and Meijer to get some things to make a salad and other food also. I helped cut some buns up to make croutons. I am going to try to get 5 days of working with Tommy. 



-June 3, 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment